The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote:Just had a letter from North Yorkshire Police.

Looks like I'll be doing a Speed Awareness Course :cry:
I did one myself about a year ago. First time I'd been done for a decade, but you know what ? I really enjoyed it.

I think it depends on who runs it, but the course I attended in Eastleigh was by two coppers, one retired and one still serving, and they used humour for a lot of it which made the day go quicker and also meant you'd remember a lot more than you would imagine going in.

Really interesting day and it confirmed a lot of "the law" for me, things you probably haven't thought about regularly since passing your test however many years ago.
I also found myself driving in a more controlled and FAR more aware way afterwards.

I'd done some advanced driving in the past so I'd like to think I was decent anyway, but the "stick to thirty" thing is something I try and do all the time now. Makes me laugh how it winds up other people too, which is always fun :D

Go in with an open mind, talk to a few people before sitting down and make sure you're with a few decent people and you'll enjoy it :thumbup:
Rigger, the real 'wind-up's' are when you're in the fast lane of the motorway. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yeah did mine last month amazing what you forget especially having like Rigger done an advanced course moons ago, skid pan etc (really tricky on a horse and cart) Simple things like what indicates what limit your approaching etc. Things you shouldn't forget but you do.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Been for a game of snooker this evening. Driving back home down the A4 (10 miles) there are three speed limits: 40 mph, 50 mph and 60 mph. Very busy road, no chance of overtaking. Was in a line of about 7 cars doing 30 mph. We got on a straight stretch and I saw that the lead car had a completely empty road ahead but was only doing 30 mph. I thought, 'what's Rigger doing up here'. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Been for a game of snooker this evening. Driving back home down the A4 (10 miles) there are three speed limits: 40 mph, 50 mph and 60 mph. Very busy road, no chance of overtaking. Was in a line of about 7 cars doing 30 mph. We got on a straight stretch and I saw that the lead car had a completely empty road ahead but was only doing 30 mph. I thought, 'what's Rigger doing up here'. :lol:

HAHAHA ! :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just seen a new fish & chip shop that's just opened. The Chipping Forecast :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just seen a new fish & chip shop that's just opened. The Chipping Forecast :lol:
When York boxer Henry Wharton retired from the ring he opened a Chippie called "Henry's Plaice"

The most recent to open in Selby is "The Codfather"

Just love the names :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We have a chain here in Nottingham called the Cods Scallops :)
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Taking it easy for a few days as hurt my knee at the weekend, its very badly swollen and can't bend it much.

Can't even drive the car, so the old CD collection is getting a play.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We have a chain here in Nottingham called the Cods Scallops :)
Thats brilliant :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Google is my friend here's some more :D

Fishcotheque - South London
Mister Chips - Whitby
Oh My Cod - Tipton
Frying Nemo - Goole
New Cod on the Block - Sheffield
The Codfather
Chip-in- Dales - Otley