The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I've been lucky enough not to have suffered from a bad back in my 53 years on the planet, but recently I've been feeling more achy than ever : I have a very physical job so it's only natural given my age, I guess. It's the small of the back that bugs me some days - most other "bits" you can stretch out, can't you ? But that bit is hard to reach. Jeanna is a trained massage therapist so she helps with her "thumbs of steel" but sometimes the best thing I've found to do about it is to lie on one of these :

I bought one from Tiger (or Flying Tiger as they may be known now, I'm not sure). It's a Danish chain of shops that sell stationery and bits and pieces for the house. The one pictured isn't quite the same, but it's a strong plastic cylinder made for exercise, that has a thick rubber coating. I put mine on a yoga mat then position it in the small of my back as I lie on top of it. I then lift my legs in the air so I make an L-shape with my body. Then just site like that for five minutes. Do it up against a wall if it makes it easier. Grab a book or your phone and see how long you can last ..

It really helps as it allows the weight of your own body to be used to push the spine back into shape.
I don't know if it's scientifically sound but it works for me :)

The one I got cost £9.99 from https://uk.flyingtiger.com/en-GB
(not the best website - no online shop)
2nd person today to mention these just bought one there now on a well know site. Has to be worth a go. :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

A great tip is to use one of those vibrating chairs, which massage you as you work if you're seated most of the time.

Relaxing too.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just been down into town and HAD A HAIRCUT! :D :thumbup:
Said to her indoors that if I couldn't get a parking spot or the Barber is doing appointments only, then I will come straight back. Car park half empty. Walked in the Barbers and sat straight down. They are doing appointments only but as I am a customer of 30 odd years, they bent the rules.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Just back from a very normal few days.
Had a haircut on Thursday - appointments only but it always has been.

Drove to Southampton on Friday, took the most expensive ferry in the world to the Isle of Wight, visited better half's family then booked in to the Travelodge. Went out for a fish and chip takeaway that we ate under the eye of a vicious-looking seagull - he looked at me, I looked at him, he looked away ad infinitum. Then we went to a pub. Which was strange. Not many in there but some who were seemed pissed and were talking loudly which felt awkward. There have been no Covid-19 cases for a few weeks on the IoW. I am worried that that will change as more people visit. And I appreciate that we are also the problem.

Saturday we were picked up by t'other half's son and we walked Tennyson's Down. We walked from a chalk pit car park to Freshwater and then back. It was a perfect day for a walk, blue sky, warm but not too hot, a slight wind. We walked back on the upper/coastal path to the monument and then carried on looking for the turn off for the car park. After about 2 miles from where we should have turned back to the car park we met a couple who said "Yeah, you're heading for the Needles. You probably need to turn round".
Anyway, we finally got back to the hotel and then took her lad out to a pub (don't say a word!) for a meal. It was great. lots of social distancing, wooden boards put up between seats etc.

Yesterday we were on Shanklin beach with O/H's cousin and her daughter. Beautiful day, plenty of space (mostly locals), great to go in the sea. Nice ice-cream too. Then on to Gurnard, which was as beautiful as ever, and another meal in a pub. Again, all socially-distanced by the staff and the other customers. It seems it can work in some. I would be wary going to some others, though.

Came back today on the Red Funnel where it is mandatory to wear a face mask (as is all public transport) and there were loads of people making a mockery of it. And a group of 13/14 year-old lads talking loudly and laughing without their masks on - their parents were wearing theirs' on their chin.
On the way out the guy behind the bar wore his below his nose. Utterly pointless.

Covid mask rant over.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Things are somewhat back to normal here in the Philippines as all businesses are open and resumption of normal daily activities are once again allowed. I am remaining in-doors due to a huge rise in cases of Covid-19 happening. The city I reside in wasn't affected at all during the 3 month lock-down period and as soon as the local politicians open up the city we get our first case which has now risen to many many cases. Have they locked down since then? NO!! I swear they do things backwards here. Not at all sure what they are or have they been thinking all this time.... My work has been greatly affected over the past six- eight weeks and as a result I'm so stressed by it all. Financially i'm broke, couldn't pay for my utility bills or not much else to be honest. So sick and tired of all this covid news and the affects its having on daily life. My problem is I have absolutely no social welfare system to fall back on here unlike in the UK or Ireland if you have no work you can get some assistance but here your left to rot.

The only thing that's keeping me somewhat sane is Leeds United believe it or not. They are giving me a different form of hope that things will get better soon. I am delighted they are nearly at the gate of the Premiership manor ready to eat of the main table instead of dining at the Football league table on a park bench with dirty flies and mosquitoes nibbling away at your meager and paltry dishes which have been the one course meal for 16 years. It's time for the real menu to savor thanks to Radrizzani, Bielsa, players and the fans who have never given up on this historical giant.

MOT WE ARE LEEDS!!!
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

CorkWhite wrote:
The only thing that's keeping me somewhat sane is Leeds United believe it or not. They are giving me a different form of hope that things will get better soon. I am delighted they are nearly at the gate of the Premiership manor ready to eat of the main table instead of dining at the Football league table on a park bench with dirty flies and mosquitoes nibbling away at your meager and paltry dishes which have been the one course meal for 16 years. It's time for the real menu to savor thanks to Radrizzani, Bielsa, players and the fans who have never given up on this historical giant.

MOT WE ARE LEEDS!!!
Football has given everyone a much needed boost and a distraction.

Keep your chin up, and hope that things improve.

#MOT
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sad to hear CW, I hope you and your family stay safe and healthy. I don't think a lot of people will understand how hard you have it as they have never lived in a 3rd world country.

Leeds is a big positive, let's hope they can give you a happy happy ending.

Covid has changed the world as we know it and until there's a cure it's a long hard slog, sadly.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Tesco & Majestic Wine order done we’ll live well tomorrow :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Tesco & Majestic Wine order done we’ll live well tomorrow :D
Just my email from Portugal Vineyards, delivery shipped this morning. £35 for 12 bottles . Hard to beat :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

My back has improved greatly (touch wood) still niggly but way better. Have a half day today going for a social distance pint and a bite to eat with a mate. Really looking forward to it and will be keeping one eye on the WBA game.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders