The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’m going out shortly to go fly a plane, if anyone sees a plane acting very suspiciously, i.e swaying from side to side, please give me a wave :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where are you flying form BB?

I'll check https://www.flightradar24.com/51.9,-1.15/6 and a few of our flight services ... just to warn our flight crew :thumbup:

I'm guessing Breighton ?
I’m out of Sherburn today mate :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Was reading an article in the Telegraph about Kalvin Phillips. He hails from Wortley in Leeds. Brought to mind some pretty useless bits of information. The maiden name of her indoors is 'Wortley'. When we moved to Leeds from Liverpool my parents bought a house in Headingley. When I got married, we bought a house in Farnley. When we were moving to Bruntcliffe in Morley, (it was a new build house.) I had sold my house in Farnley but the new house wasn't ready. We got temporary accommodation in Wortley, just opposite St John's church. (This was the church that had the tragic fire at Christmas in 1891). So we had a small connection with Wortley besides her indoors name!
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

BB how did the flying go ? We may have a place coming up!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:BB how did the flying go ? We may have a place coming up!
Other than the take off, the bumpy ‘climb’, the buffeting about whilst in the air, not having a bloody clue where I was, the little acrobatic show the pilot decided to take me on and the nauseous feeling I had for an hour or two afterwards it went very well mate.

I’m half joking, but it’s not for me, although I have booked the Mrs on one for her birthday :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:BB how did the flying go ? We may have a place coming up!
Other than the take off, the bumpy ‘climb’, the buffeting about whilst in the air, not having a bloody clue where I was, the little acrobatic show the pilot decided to take me on and the nauseous feeling I had for an hour or two afterwards it went very well mate.

I’m half joking, but it’s not for me, although I have booked the Mrs on one for her birthday :D
I’m not Forward the application form then lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Sorry its a bit late but Happy Sussex Day everyone, good old Sussex by the sea.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

****True-ish facts****
1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.
Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'
2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...
Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Clubs -Alexander the Great,
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'
5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.
Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.
6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:****True-ish facts****
1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.
2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'
5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.
Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.
6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’
:clap: :clap: Didn't see that comming.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:****True-ish facts****
Spades - King David,
Hearts - Charlemagne,
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
:clap: :clap: Didn't see that comming.
Doesn't apply to me this year NW. From the very beginning I have been saying we wont get past the quarter finals.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League