The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Bought an ACER Chromebook from Currys online on Tueday. Never had one before, don't need Office etc and really only for surfing. Anyone own one, thoughts?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

The wife is on her second one - she loved the first one so much she wore out the touchpad (probably lasted about 4 years).

If all you are doing is internet browsing and playing Facebook games etc. they are great - no big updates to wait for, viruses and anti virus seem to be taken care of by the operating system.

It's not so good if you want to share things on a local network, but Google Drive seems pretty good at storing and sharing files.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just a quick reminder re the Members "Places Visited" Map https://maphub.net/davycc/lufctalk-visited

Instructions etc here http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6149
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watching Tennable & I never knew that Stephen King wrote The Green Mile & The Shawshank Redemption...
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

So good to get summer back !

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Been into town to finally get my haircut, and it was like Piccadilly Circus.

Folk stood around chatting (not a mask in sight and certainly no social distancing), people mixing in large groups (could be same households or plus 1 household, but I doubt it) and several groups of young lads and lasses sat around in the parks. I appreciate I’m adding to the numbers by being there myself, but I was by myself and tried to keep as much distance as possible to others.

As for the haircut itself, sheer bliss, although they weren’t doing the nose waxing due to the virus :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Been into town to finally get my haircut, and it was like Piccadilly Circus.

Folk stood around chatting (not a mask in sight and certainly no social distancing), people mixing in large groups (could be same households or plus 1 household, but I doubt it) and several groups of young lads and lasses sat around in the parks. I appreciate I’m adding to the numbers by being there myself, but I was by myself and tried to keep as much distance as possible to others.

As for the haircut itself, sheer bliss, although they weren’t doing the nose waxing due to the virus :thumbdown:
Yes we walked into town this morning as Mrs SW gets her eggs from the man in the market each week and would say busiest I've seen it since lockdown.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Unfortunately, I think that the general public are now very much entitled : entitled to what they want, when they want it.
Latest tech, instant information, access to all the entertainment they could ever dream of, reliable transport, flights to anywhere on the planet, new body parts, a change of sex, everything on the never never with instant credit and an attitude to their fellow man that says "Screw you : it's my right".

It's assault if you lay a finger on someone.
Marriage is something people expect to do twice or more.
Going bankrupt is commonplace.
Breaking the law and getting off lightly is the norm.
Anything that ever happens to anyone is someone else's fault.
Maybe they'll sue ?

The country has decided three months is long enough for anyone to be in lockdown and it's now time to party. The sun is out, the pubs are open, we'll soon be getting on planes and going on holiday and everything, absolutely everything, is up for grabs now the pubs are open because once the alcohol starts flowing, all the attitudes above are multiplied and compounded beyond any advice that a government can offer.

There are a lot of people who won't want to go out, who are afraid of the second wave.
There are a lot people who will die because of the behaviour of others.
But we've seen this already.
It's sadly inevitable.
The decline of society has been commented upon by every generation of man since we lived in caves but right now .. right now we're at some kind of feral nadir.
It's embarrassing to be British abroad when you see the boorish behaviour of others.
I've had conversations with people in other countries when they've physically taken a step back from me once I've told them where I'm from.

Just keep doing what you're doing : stay out of town centres, order online, enjoy the countryside, embrace your family.
Cherish what you have : the rest is just so much hot air ..
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Because of my knee trouble, the car hasn't moved from the drive for about 10 days. Thought I better take it out for a run out today. Couldn't believe how busy the roads were compared to two weeks ago. This was mid-afternoon and it was like rush hour. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Unfortunately, I think that the general public are now very much entitled : entitled to what they want, when they want it.
Latest tech, instant information, access to all the entertainment they could ever dream of, reliable transport, flights to anywhere on the planet, new body parts, a change of sex, everything on the never never with instant credit and an attitude to their fellow man that says "Screw you : it's my right".

It's assault if you lay a finger on someone.
Marriage is something people expect to do twice or more.
Going bankrupt is commonplace.
Breaking the law and getting off lightly is the norm.
Anything that ever happens to anyone is someone else's fault.
Maybe they'll sue ?

The country has decided three months is long enough for anyone to be in lockdown and it's now time to party. The sun is out, the pubs are open, we'll soon be getting on planes and going on holiday and everything, absolutely everything, is up for grabs now the pubs are open because once the alcohol starts flowing, all the attitudes above are multiplied and compounded beyond any advice that a government can offer.

There are a lot of people who won't want to go out, who are afraid of the second wave.
There are a lot people who will die because of the behaviour of others.
But we've seen this already.
It's sadly inevitable.
The decline of society has been commented upon by every generation of man since we lived in caves but right now .. right now we're at some kind of feral nadir.
It's embarrassing to be British abroad when you see the boorish behaviour of others.
I've had conversations with people in other countries when they've physically taken a step back from me once I've told them where I'm from.

Just keep doing what you're doing : stay out of town centres, order online, enjoy the countryside, embrace your family.
Cherish what you have : the rest is just so much hot air ..
A friend said to me once when local youths were running amok vandalising peoples property "The trouble with this country we are now producing the 3rd generation of families that have no respect for anyone or anything". Think he was right this started a long time ago and I hate it.

Agree with all you've said here :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.