The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Cheers guys, fingers crossed for him. Now just to keep him away from girls and booze.
Just set an example Davy ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

When I reply to a thread my box has a blue surround I must have pressed something on my iPad

Any ideas please
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Deleted User 728

Just refresh the page, mate - that should sort it out.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:Just refresh the page, mate - that should sort it out.
Tried that, switched off & rebooted the iPad.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

All good ??

I'm not great with Apple products - I really don't like them as a company and the last time I used any of their kit was in 1994 for a design project. I think it was Corel Draw, which shows how long ago it was :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:Tracey's young fella who has just turned 17 and as I've mentioned before plays for Ballymena United U18s where he's captain and gets called up regularly for the U20's. His Manager put him forward for the Northern Ireland U18 regional trials on Sunday past. It was a terrible morning, chucking it down when we arrived at Larne FC. Matthew went in to the changing rooms and thirty minutes later he came out with the U18s manager. Matthew was the only one who turned up. The NI U18 manager knows his manager at Ballymena well and said that the word from him was that Matthew was an "exceptional" prospect, so that along with the fact that he got up off his ass on a crap day and made an appearance was enough to take him through to the final stage. Fingers crossed for the lad he deserves the chance.
Update: Matthew is turning out for the Reserves tonight, Ballymena United Reserves vs Linfield Swifts. 5 of United's first team squad playing so he may not get a game. Great experience for him though.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:
Davycc wrote:Tracey's young fella who has just turned 17 and as I've mentioned before plays for Ballymena United U18s where he's captain and gets called up regularly for the U20's. His Manager put him forward for the Northern Ireland U18 regional trials on Sunday past. It was a terrible morning, chucking it down when we arrived at Larne FC. Matthew went in to the changing rooms and thirty minutes later he came out with the U18s manager. Matthew was the only one who turned up. The NI U18 manager knows his manager at Ballymena well and said that the word from him was that Matthew was an "exceptional" prospect, so that along with the fact that he got up off his ass on a crap day and made an appearance was enough to take him through to the final stage. Fingers crossed for the lad he deserves the chance.
Update: Matthew is turning out for the Reserves tonight, Ballymena United Reserves vs Linfield Swifts. 5 of United's first team squad playing so he may not get a game. Great experience for him though.
Fingers crossed in the West of Ireland for the lad. Go get 'em Matty.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Lost to Linfield Swifts 4-0. Four or five internationals and first team players turned out for them (different rules over here re the number of first team that can play) Matthew got 35 minutes in the second half. Total step up for him and an eye opener, but he did well and more importantly loved it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Off to Costa Del Isle of Man tomorrow for Nobles Hospital Halloween party. Meant to depart at 14:00 but managed to get it put back an hour to facilitate the game.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders