The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

When I left the house at 4am this morning, I felt one fat drop of rain on my head.
I got in the car and drove to work.
When I got out, five minutes later, it was pouring down and there was lightning everywhere you looked.

Quite, quite beautiful in every possible way, especially because I was in the New Forest yesterday and saw plenty of ponies and cattle really struggling to move, with some just lying panting on the ground in any shade they could find :cry:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:When I left the house at 4am this morning, I felt one fat drop of rain on my head.
I got in the car and drove to work.
When I got out, five minutes later, it was pouring down and there was lightning everywhere you looked.

Quite, quite beautiful in every possible way, especially because I was in the New Forest yesterday and saw plenty of ponies and cattle really struggling to move, with some just lying panting on the ground in any shade they could find :cry:
Never thought I'd say it but really need a good downpour here (yes John not a typo.) So I'm sure it's much needed there, our livestock and wildlife aren't used to prolonged heat like this.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

My mobile is an Apple 6.

When I ask websites, including this one, to remember me it doesn't happen and it's really laborious filling in e-mails and passwords again.

Any help with a solution to this would be appreciated. Thank you.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:My mobile is an Apple 6.

When I ask websites, including this one, to remember me it doesn't happen and it's really laborious filling in e-mails and passwords again.

Any help with a solution to this would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sorry MW beats me, my 5SE (work phone HATE Apple) remembers these.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Never use Apple products - I find the software too invasive and dislike their stance regarding compatibility - but there must be an app for this.

On Android, I'd search the Google Playstore till I found a few and read the reviews before downloading and trying one or two of them.
There should be an equivalent for iPhone, shouldn't there ??

If not .. you know what to do ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Well John, I know this will be hard to believe (we should be used to rain) but within half an hour of heavy rain starting this afternoon we were under 2" of water on the ground floor. Fun times.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure what the weather has done with regards to rain in Selby as been in Lincolnshire most of the day and first rain we saw was when driving home.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Well John, I know this will be hard to believe (we should be used to rain) but within half an hour of heavy rain starting this afternoon we were under 2" of water on the ground floor. Fun times.
Sorry to hear about your flood. Some advice. I know you don't get heatwaves very often and you probably can't remember the last one but when it gets really hot (circa 20 degrees C for you) you tend to open all the doors and windows. When it starts to rain again, you have to remember to close them. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Was trawling through Youtube as I'd nothing better to do, came across an excerpt from the film Brassed Off. Had forgotten just what a brilliant film that was.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Well John, I know this will be hard to believe (we should be used to rain) but within half an hour of heavy rain starting this afternoon we were under 2" of water on the ground floor. Fun times.
Sorry to hear about your flood. Some advice. I know you don't get heatwaves very often and you probably can't remember the last one but when it gets really hot (circa 20 degrees C for you) you tend to open all the doors and windows. When it starts to rain again, you have to remember to close them. :D
We did John, we have those stable type doors and closed the top bit as the water was up to it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders