The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:Finally got my right ear cleared on my third visit! Can hear her indoors nagging a lot clearer now. :lol:
Right for spite John. Try turning your head so its the left ear the good lady speaks into and you will hear a gentle chorus of love messages. ;)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
johnh wrote:Finally got my right ear cleared on my third visit! Can hear her indoors nagging a lot clearer now. :lol:
Right for spite John. Try turning your head so its the left ear the good lady speaks into and you will hear a gentle chorus of love messages. ;)
The left one got cleared on the first visit so it doesn't matter which way I turn my head. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:Was at the hospital this afternoon to be measured up for the radiotherapy next month. I had to empty my pockets and the technician noticed my Leeds phone cover as he's also a fan, so, of course, we were off chatting.

Told him about this forum and he seemed enthused to join up. Very agreeable and highly competent guy called Sam.
Had my first dose of radiotherapy yesterday and got my appointment schedule of which there are 20 lasting until 25th March. Getting on and off the treatment bed proved the biggest challenge as I have back muscle pain and some mobility issues, but the three lovely nurses were a big help.

Was given a sheet about the possible side effects but oddly there was no mention of forgetting to submit a score in the LUFCtalk prediction league......

(Would have gone 0-2)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:Was at the hospital this afternoon to be measured up for the radiotherapy next month. I had to empty my pockets and the technician noticed my Leeds phone cover as he's also a fan, so, of course, we were off chatting.

Told him about this forum and he seemed enthused to join up. Very agreeable and highly competent guy called Sam.
Had my first dose of radiotherapy yesterday and got my appointment schedule of which there are 20 lasting until 25th March. Getting on and off the treatment bed proved the biggest challenge as I have back muscle pain and some mobility issues, but the three lovely nurses were a big help.

Was given a sheet about the possible side effects but oddly there was no mention of forgetting to submit a score in the LUFCtalk prediction league......

(Would have gone 0-2)
Hope everything goes well for you MW mate.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Went to the chiropodist yesterday. On my last visit they treated a callus, on the sole of my foot, which was very painful. However, it started hurting again, could hardly walk. They said that a corn was growing through where the callus had been. They cut it out and I have been 'walking on air' since. They also sorted my toe nails which were in a bad state due to all the football I played. I think a lot of people, certainly me, tend to ignore their feet. They are a long way away, after all. Well, mine are! Can't cut my own toe nails now. Neither can her indoors as she has arthritis in her hands. She's willing to try but I value my toes too much! :D
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:Went to the chiropodist yesterday. On my last visit they treated a callus, on the sole of my foot, which was very painful. However, it started hurting again, could hardly walk. They said that a corn was growing through where the callus had been. They cut it out and I have been 'walking on air' since. They also sorted my toe nails which were in a bad state due to all the football I played. I think a lot of people, certainly me, tend to ignore their feet. They are a long way away, after all. Well, mine are! Can't cut my own toe nails now. Neither can her indoors as she has arthritis in her hands. She's willing to try but I value my toes too much! :D
I have the same problem with toenails John. Whilst Mrs MW is willing and able to help me I've bought an electric nail file which has a wide variety of attachment bits that allow me to keep things 'under control' without having to stretch too far. Works on hard skin too.

As I recall it was under £15.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Thanks MW, interesting that. Trouble is, at 6ft 3 inches I've a long way to stretch. Does it have an extension handle? :D
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

johnh wrote:Thanks MW, interesting that. Trouble is, at 6ft 3 inches I've a long way to stretch. Does it have an extension handle? :D

LOL John....I used to be 6ft 3in but these days perhaps an inch less so no problem...

BTW have you had the experience that medical people comment on your height for your age? I was considered well above average height in my late teens, so I imagine more so for you!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

mapperleywhite wrote:
johnh wrote:Thanks MW, interesting that. Trouble is, at 6ft 3 inches I've a long way to stretch. Does it have an extension handle? :D

LOL John....I used to be 6ft 3in but these days perhaps an inch less so no problem...

BTW have you had the experience that medical people comment on your height for your age? I was considered well above average height in my late teens, so I imagine more so for you!
When I was in my 20's (1950's) people used to regularly comment 'aren't you tall'. Now, if I go down the Rugby Club, I'm looking up at everyone! My grandson is 6ft 7 inches.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

mapperleywhite wrote:

(Would have gone 0-2)

All the best with that Mapp. :thumbup:

We want the full effect of your predictions. :D