The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Just been to the chemist on our local small parade of shops. Got there to find serious filming going on. Camera's on tracks, lights and five or six large vans taking up most of the parking. Our chip shop has been converted into a ladies hairdresser's! (true). The girl in the chemist told me that the film was based on a book. She told me the author and the name of the book but forgotten it already.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Next week, temperatures here in the south are set to be 34 degrees celsius. I noticed that Davycc is also due to get a heatwave in Belfast where its forecast to be 20 degrees. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Next week, temperatures here in the south are set to be 34 degrees celsius. I noticed that Davycc is also due to get a heatwave in Belfast where its forecast to be 20 degrees. :D
Apparently it hit 26 degrees here last week but that was recorded by a local farmer feeling the the forehead of a pregnant goat so it wasn't official. Thermometers here only go up to 21 degrees.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Bristol Harbour Festival was this weekend and we spent the afternoon in gorgeous sunshine watching the boats, listening to music, eating and drinking (responsibly ;) ). There was an inter-city rowing competition; a power row over a short course with 8-man/woman crews - imagine the University boat race as a sprint. Bristol got to both the men's and women's final and lost them both - to Manchester and Oxford respectively. I'm not normally interested in posh boys and girls in boats but this was good.

Unfortunately I missed a very good friend (and the first drummer I ever played with) playing in his son's band at short notice. Oh well. The band's drummer's are prone to bizarre gardening accidents so maybe I'll see him play with them again soon. :)
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Next week, temperatures here in the south are set to be 34 degrees celsius. I noticed that Davycc is also due to get a heatwave in Belfast where its forecast to be 20 degrees. :D
Apparently it hit 26 degrees here last week but that was recorded by a local farmer feeling the the forehead of a pregnant goat so it wasn't official. Thermometers here only go up to 21 degrees.
:thumbup: :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
I love the craic among the members here. :D :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

CorkWhite wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
I love the craic among the members here. :D :lol:
Hear! Hear! I love this site. Have only ever met one other member, Rigger, but would love to meet others. In fact, the list would be as long as my arm. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back home from a successful visit over them there 'ills & you're aware the game finished 40 minutes into day 3. I received a message via a cricket forum I frequent asking if we were still staying on in Manchester & if we were he offered us 2 tickets to the premier of Dusty, which we accepted it turns out he's a senior manager at The Lowry but it was good of him. We enjoyed the show very much.

Next day, yesterday we went to Media City in Salford & as I was having my picture taken standing by the Tardis :D 2 young ladies approached us asking if we would like tickets, free to watch 2 episodes of Mastermind been filmed. The programme is a personal favourite of ours some the answer was yes please. Although at times it was a tad boring it was a great experience & John Humpheries interacted well with the live audience.

We then decided on a drink at a nearby waterside bar & when we walked in my wife said there was a load of Coronation Street actors/actresses all having a great time. One walked past us & noticed my YCCC top & asked where in Yorkshire I was born, when I said Scarborough her responses he was born there. His name was Micky North who plays Gary Windass, he went on to tell us he had played for Yorkshire with Lyth & Rashid but had to make a decision between cricket & the stage. As he felt he was wouldn't make it as a cricketer & the rest is soap history. As we were leaving about an hour later he came over & shook our hand & said cheerio, I was impressed by that as he didn't have to.

All in all a great day out & highly recommend Media City as a fantastic venue.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Thunderstorms here and rain it's actually starting to feel a tad cooler.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Torrential rain in the West of Ireland yesterday.

Dry so far today, but a few menacing clouds around.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay