The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sat here with the worst cold I’ve ever had, runny nose, sore throat & aching bones. There’s a lot of it here in Nottingham apparently. The wife had it first lasted 2 days before calming down.
Lots of people complaining about colds in this area. I have had a nose running like a tap. Going through tissues at a rate of knots, soon be panic buying them! Don't have any other symptoms. No cough, sore throat, temperature - and no aching bones (other than the usual ones!)
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Up early this morning for the Worthing 10k, it was a 9am start, good conditions and a time of 56 mins 51 secs which I was really pleased with.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sat here with the worst cold I’ve ever had, runny nose, sore throat & aching bones. There’s a lot of it here in Nottingham apparently. The wife had it first lasted 2 days before calming down.

Well it’s better today but still only feel about 60% but believe me that’s a hell of an improvement on how I was.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Up early this morning for the Worthing 10k, it was a 9am start, good conditions and a time of 56 mins 51 secs which I was really pleased with.
Well done brilliant stuff :clap:
Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm pathetic when it comes to colds so you all have my sympathies, I can't stand it and I don't care if it's common or not, it gets me down big time. Thankfully I think I've had my quota of colds in life.

Currently struggling with bone spurs in right ankle and now 'runner's knee' in left leg, which is horribly painful at times. But we limp on, even if it's both legs doing the limping.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Up early this morning for the Worthing 10k, it was a 9am start, good conditions and a time of 56 mins 51 secs which I was really pleased with.
Well done LA :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Well it’s better today but still only feel about 60% but believe me that’s a hell of an improvement on how I was.
Been off work yesterday and today, feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Did PCR test yesterday just in case but came back negative.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:

Been off work yesterday and today, feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Did PCR test yesterday just in case but came back negative.
Better than the other way round though Davy - Being hit by a bus and feeling like you had a bad cold. Get well soon.
I once played against Don Revie.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

That's a very good time. Congrats buddy! :thumbup: :clap:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Cheers all :thumbup: , I must admit these old muscles have been a bit sore the last couple of days.