The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by PockWhite »

Well it's a glorious day here, maybe a trifle chilly, but blue sky and sunshine.
So, after my weetabix, putting our boots on and off for a nice walk around Clumber Park.
Oh and a pub lunch may well be obligatory anorl.
Have a nice day people.
Might take my binoculars aswell, for just in case?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Last week I dumped another salt grinder in the bin that stopped grinding, that's about 3 sets in a year (buy cheap wtc etc) Discovered TESCO do their own prepacked salt grinder in amongst the spices and peppers etc and grinds perfectly. Have also discovered that with some gentle prising the grinder top pops off and can be refilled with rock salt.

And I'm not from Yorkshire :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Last week I dumped another salt grinder in the bin that stopped grinding, that's about 3 sets in a year (buy cheap wtc etc) Discovered TESCO do their own prepacked salt grinder in amongst the spices and peppers etc and grinds perfectly. Have also discovered that with some gentle prising the grinder top pops off and can be refilled with rock salt.

And I'm not from Yorkshire :D

You're certainly not we would have check that in the shop before paying. ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I admire his honesty. Its a feeling that most people would have had, having been confronted with someone that you love being raped. The problem was that he said he wanted to kill any Black man just to get revenge. I have a feeling he wishes he had kept his Gob-shut. He should have taken note of what has happened to Tommy Robinson after he called out the Asian grooming gangs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47117177
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I admire his honesty. Its a feeling that most people would have had, having been confronted with someone that you love being raped. The problem was that he said he wanted to kill any Black man just to get revenge. I have a feeling he wishes he had kept his Gob-shut. He should have taken note of what has happened to Tommy Robinson after he called out the Asian grooming gangs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47117177

Great, positive response from John Barnes about this :

https://www.facebook.com/theleftbible/v ... 790365781/
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Interesting take on things that by JB. It does make you wonder why Tommy Robinson gets so much flak then. Hasn't he just been honest in the way he has called out the Asian Grooming gangs? We now know that the Police, the mainstream media, and more importantly the Government were in supposed fear of reporting the allegations due to being labelled racists? and in doing so created a vacuum that has been filled by people who feel that they are not been represented fairly by the elites.

Even now as the facts keep emerging about the ethnicity of the grooming gangs Sarah Champion from the labour party was forced out of the shadow cabinet in 2017 for raising awareness of the issue. It sounds like double standards to me.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Interesting take on things that by JB. It does make you wonder why Tommy Robinson gets so much flak then. No it doesn't.

Hasn't he just been honest in the way he has called out the Asian Grooming gangs? No, he was in contempt of court and could have caused the trial to collapse from what I remember. He was doing it to perpetuate his own ugly racist ideology.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Agree totally with Sniffer.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The difference is, that Tommy Robinson is a thoroughly nasty character whose views are shared by a very small following. Liam Neeson is a well known actor whose views are given a lot more publicity than they deserve.
I once played against Don Revie.
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The difference is Tommy Robinson makes populist views to promote his ideals, putting on a victim front to promote that - its carefully orchestrated, where as Neilson has stated something controversial but probably regrets it.