The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:All the posts about Covid vaccinations reminded me. In my second week of National Service, we were marched down to the medical centre and received about 6 jabs. This was late afternoon and we were told that we would be 'off duty' for the rest of the day. (No one refused the jab. :lol:) Next morning, sore arms or not, we were woken up at 5.30am as usual. Our 'alarm clock' was our sergeant with a pick-axe handle who marched round the barrack room smacking it down hard on the iron bed rail, about a foot from your head. Rifle drill with a sore arm was character building! Then, several months later, if you were posted abroad then another several jabs! :D
There is literally zero chance of me getting 6 jabs in one go.
Me too. :o
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

No, you would have had them. You would have been put on a 'punishment day' which was a combination of physical and psychological stress. By mid-afternoon you would have been pleading for the jabs. However much you disagree with the principle of a 'punishment day' - it worked. I know, I saw it in progress. Not me, I should add. I was an honest and reliable soldier. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:No, you would have had them. You would have been put on a 'punishment day' which was a combination of physical and psychological stress. By mid-afternoon you would have been pleading for the jabs. However much you disagree with the principle of a 'punishment day' - it worked. I know, I saw it in progress. Not me, I should add. I was an honest and reliable soldier. :D
If it’s a choice of 6 jabs, or punishment day, the latter wins every time for me Sir John.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:No, you would have had them. You would have been put on a 'punishment day' which was a combination of physical and psychological stress. By mid-afternoon you would have been pleading for the jabs. However much you disagree with the principle of a 'punishment day' - it worked. I know, I saw it in progress. Not me, I should add. I was an honest and reliable soldier. :D
If it’s a choice of 6 jabs, or punishment day, the latter wins every time for me Sir John.
I've changed my mind about this.

Yes I would have the 6 jabs, however the first one would need to be an anaesthetic. :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I've changed my mind about this.

Yes I would have the 6 jabs, however the first one would need to be an anaesthetic. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Have you noticed? Winnie the Pooh and Alexander the Great have the same second name.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NW, had to cheat on 25 across in the quick crossword today. Thanks Google!
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Can I ask if a topic has been deleted in the last weeks please ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Can I ask if a topic has been deleted in the last weeks please ?
Which topic/thread are you referring to LA ?
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Barlow Boy wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Can I ask if a topic has been deleted in the last weeks please ?
Which topic/thread are you referring to LA ?
It was posted by, i think, one of our overseas posters regarding freedom of speech in our country, i made a reply but can`t find the thread, it might be an age thing :)