The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:... they tried to waffle their way through blaming the ‘Ogden Ruling’ (she clearly didn’t know who I was and/or my experience in the industry)...
I'd like to think she regretted bringing it up after 10 mins of your considered response BB? :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:... they tried to waffle their way through blaming the ‘Ogden Ruling’ (she clearly didn’t know who I was and/or my experience in the industry)...
I'd like to think she regretted bringing it up after 10 mins of your considered response BB? :D
To be fair, she was only a youngster and probably reading from a script, so I was very polite (even Mrs B said so :D).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Anyone watch the snooker last night from Preston Guild Hall.
Nice to see the only football shirt on show was a Yellow Leeds one in the audience.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Anyone watch the snooker last night from Preston Guild Hall.
Nice to see the only football shirt on show was a Yellow Leeds one in the audience.
Enjoy my snooker. As always, going to the Crucible next month for the World Championships.

Missed the Leeds shirt last night though, saw a West Ham one in the crowd the other day :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:We have, literally just now, transferred our Buildings and Contents insurers for a massive saving of £308.75 :shock:.
Do you live in a castle BB. ;)

Talking about Snooker ROS has been learning a new language.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/snooker/47441567

:shifty:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

A few "legends" played in a competition in Belfast on Sunday past, Stephen Hendry, John Virgo, Dennis Taylor Jimmy White etc. There was a small dinner function on the Saturday night where our company had bought a table at which a a player was sat John Virgo was at ours. Can remember seeing Dennis Taylor and "John" as I know him now ..... unfortunately I made the mistake of having some pre-dinner cocktails so can't remember seeing any of the others. I did meet them, theres photos on phones to prove it. Unfortunately theres also videos of a certain person regaling the gathering with a rendition of "Little Ol Wine Drinker Me"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:

A few "legends" played in a competition in Belfast on Sunday past, Stephen Hendry, John Virgo, Dennis Taylor Jimmy White etc. There was a small dinner function on the Saturday night where our company had bought a table at which a a player was sat John Virgo was at ours. Can remember seeing Dennis Taylor and "John" as I know him now ..... unfortunately I made the mistake of having some pre-dinner cocktails so can't remember seeing any of the others. I did meet them, theres photos on phones to prove it. Unfortunately theres also videos of a certain person regaling the gathering with a rendition of "Little Ol Wine Drinker Me"
Love the cowboy outfit Davy

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just watched a repeat of 'The Sweeney' on ITV4. Bit of nostalgia as I remember seeing the original (I think in the 1970's). Continuity not at the top of its game then. In one scene, the fuz 'tail' a car in their green Rover. When they arrive at the destination they are in a brown Rover. :shock: :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Just watched a repeat of 'The Sweeney' on ITV4. Bit of nostalgia as I remember seeing the original (I think in the 1970's). Continuity not at the top of its game then. In one scene, the fuz 'tail' a car in their green Rover. When they arrive at the destination they are in a brown Rover. :shock: :lol:
We all had black and white tvs back then ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Love the cowboy outfit Davy

It's an easy fancy dress lol
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders