Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had a Tesco delivery so now it’s a coffee & a Portuguese tart :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had a Tesco delivery so now it’s a coffee & a Portuguese tart :D
Custard with nutmeg ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had a Tesco delivery so now it’s a coffee & a Portuguese tart :D
Custard with nutmeg ?
That’s ‘em gert lush they are anarl.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Tesco & Majestic Wine order done we’ll live well tomorrow :D
Just my email from Portugal Vineyards, delivery shipped this morning. £35 for 12 bottles . Hard to beat :thumbup:
Just received my latest delivery, I splashed out £46 for 12 bottles. Think I might be a little sad come January as I can see the prices going up :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Tesco & Majestic Wine order done we’ll live well tomorrow :D
Just my email from Portugal Vineyards, delivery shipped this morning. £35 for 12 bottles . Hard to beat :thumbup:
Just received my latest delivery, I splashed out £46 for 12 bottles. Think I might be a little sad come January as I can see the prices going up :(
I ordered from Portugal Vineyards back in July and the last thing I knew was the package was stuck at customs in Stanstead. I contacted the shipper TNT recently only to be told they couldn't match my details with their records. So I contacted PV and they replied almost immediately that they would send the same twelve bottles again, and, bingo it arrived on Wednesday. £45 for twelve bottles including delivery is quite a bargain; tried the red last night, very acceptable, will be sampling the white tonight with our Chinese food delivery.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NW - Just seen on Tesco's website it's what the Portuguese call 'pastel de nata'' and I agree they are delicious. Lidl do them as well but I'm not sure if they always have them in stock.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:
NW - Just seen on Tesco's website it's what the Portuguese call 'pastel de nata'' and I agree they are delicious. Lidl do them as well but I'm not sure if they always have them in stock.
Lagos Lidl in Portugal can't stock them quickly enough, we went down in the mornings and there was a queue to get them. On our 3rd or 4th day we found a local cafe which baked their own...... AMAZING
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We’ve still got one each to have later. Only discovered them about a year ago a friends suggestion which I’ll be eternally grateful for :D
On another matter these 2 ladies arrived yesterday & have take up residence in the bathroom

Brenda ( she has the ball ) & Flo, think we’re lost the plot due to lockdown :roll:
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Davycc wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Thanks for the tip about Portugal Vinyards.

I frequent Naked Wines for much of my online buying, but these folks seem to have great reviews, and the prices are hard to beat.

Just ordered a case of twelve, so, fingers crossed. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just about to put on my shoes to go for my daily walk when the heavens have opened, big time. If I’d been 5 minutes earlier I’d be drenched now. Came from nowhere.