The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Mr Russell »

As some of you are away my daughter has been sick and in hospital, they did loads of tests as they thought menningitis, well thankfully it was not but it was 2 differing viruses that had hold of her. She was recovering and has been allowed to leave the hospital today. They expect a full recovery in about a week. Finally i will get some sleep
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:As some of you are away my daughter has been sick and in hospital, they did loads of tests as they thought menningitis, well thankfully it was not but it was 2 differing viruses that had hold of her. She was recovering and has been allowed to leave the hospital today. They expect a full recovery in about a week. Finally i will get some sleep
Great news Mr R really pleased for you and you're wee one, hope she recovers fast.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

kk_white wrote:It's 32 Celsius in Galway. I don't want to be the one to say it, but bloody he'll its....
Please don't complain about it mate. Just remember you're living in a four season weather system and you should be full of gratitude for these days when its sizzling hot. Enjoy it while you can. :thumbup:

I'm living in a two season weather environment where its 35+ everyday, i complain about it too because i'm irish and i'm not happy unless i'm unhappy about something. My wife often says to me you're Irishness is coming out when i tell her that the weather is too goddamn hot or that the raining season is not giving enough rain. She just plods along with whatever comes but for me i have to have a gripe about it because its what we Irish do whether its about the rain, the snow, the wind or the sun. were never happy with the weather :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

On another note, My wife and I went and bought our first car today. Its been something i have been thinking about doing for a number of years but i guess a little apprehensive to do because although I'm 45 years of age, I've never actually drove a car in my life and i feel somewhat nervous about it to begin with, but i'm going for the driving lessons. I always lived and worked close by home and people used to ask me why i never bought a car and my answer was simple i can use my legs or cycle to work i don't need a car. but ever since i moved to the Philippines i have been wanting one. Today i decided to bite the bullet and get it. Its something small to start off with and i can't wait to start touring around in the Philippines with the kids.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CorkWhite wrote:My wife often says to me you're Irishness is coming out when i tell her that the weather is too goddamn hot or that the raining season is not giving enough rain.
Don't I know it Corkie. But without the weather, what would we talk about back home? :D
Davy, how you coping up in Norn Iron?
I'll be up your way at the end of July, keep a bit of dry weather for us please :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:My wife often says to me you're Irishness is coming out when i tell her that the weather is too goddamn hot or that the raining season is not giving enough rain.
Don't I know it Corkie. But without the weather, what would we talk about back home? :D
Davy, how you coping up in Norn Iron?
I'll be up your way at the end of July, keep a bit of dry weather for us please :thumbup:
Mate from 9am till 5pm its hell, offices are like greenhouses, we bought 10 fans o Tuesday but they are just blowing the hot air around (tried the ice in front of them thing but doesn't work)

Now when out of work it's fantastic, shorts on, few beers footie in the garden bar looking forward to the weekend :thumbup:
Will do our best with the weather for you, what parts are you hitting ?

Cork mate enjoy the new freedom I'm sure driving in the Philippines will be "interesting"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Mr Russell wrote:As some of you are away my daughter has been sick and in hospital, they did loads of tests as they thought menningitis, well thankfully it was not but it was 2 differing viruses that had hold of her. She was recovering and has been allowed to leave the hospital today. They expect a full recovery in about a week. Finally i will get some sleep
Mr Russell, brilliant news to start the day here. Hope the improvement continues at a fast rate. Daughters are very special, still worry about mine and they are well into their 40's. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Great news to hear Mr Russell.
Very best wishes to you and all your family.
Cheers.
PW.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:what parts are you hitting ?
No plan Davy. Usually stay with herselfs family in Omeath/Carlingford area and just plan from there.
Bringing my late brothers wife and kids this time, so the North is their oyster, whatever takes their fancy.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Yes Dave, just got back now.

I’ve done various experiences, driving several fast cars, trucks etc, but nothing comes close to what I did today. Absolutely incredible experience.

After watching a brief video, me and the other two lads are taken to the embarking area. We all get in (me in the rear at this point) put our headphones on and the pilot tells you what all the instruments do etc. He says, all you need to do is increase/decrease speed and turn left/right, I’ll control the pedals.

He then says to the lad in the front, go on then it’s all yours :shock: :shock:. The lad did well to be fair, takes off, we climb to 2,000 feet, and does a circuit of the airfield. The pilot asks me what I’d like to see (which we’d been pre-warned about) so I say the Etihad stadium. The pilot gives the lad instructions, and we fly over the Etihad, stunning and I mean stunning views. The lad then takes us back to the airfield, practices a hover and then lands.

We all then swap seats, and it’s my turn to fly. The pilot does his bit, increasing the speed of the rotar blades and hands me the controls. I did a bit of a nosedive take off (if that makes sense) but got the hang of it very quickly. Amazing feeling flying an aircraft (albeit a small one), but the steering is so sensitive, you literally do it with your thumb and first finger with your elbow resting in your knee. Typically, the lad behind me, when asked by the pilot where he wants to go, says Old Trafford :evil:, so I fly us over Old Trafford then back over the airfield for hovering and landing.

Long winded post, but I’m still absolutely buzzing, what an experience that was, incredible.
Fantastic! Only just got around to reading that but I'm really envious - even the bit about flying over Old Trafford.... that's a song isn't it?...if I had the wings of a sparrow, if I had the arse of a cow, I'd fly over Old Trafford tomorrow and sh** on the B******* below!!!!!!