The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Off to Costa Del Isle of Man tomorrow for Nobles Hospital Halloween party. Meant to depart at 14:00 but managed to get it put back an hour to facilitate the game.
Have fun :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Off to Costa Del Isle of Man tomorrow for Nobles Hospital Halloween party. Meant to depart at 14:00 but managed to get it put back an hour to facilitate the game.
Have fun :thumbup:
Cheers mate
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:Lost to Linfield Swifts 4-0. Four or five internationals and first team players turned out for them (different rules over here re the number of first team that can play) Matthew got 35 minutes in the second half. Total step up for him and an eye opener, but he did well and more importantly loved it.
35 mins is a great start. Well done Matthew :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Earlier this year a local Leeds fan who I knew from him been a kid sadly passed away aged 55. Grew up on same street and although his older brothers were big fans of those unmentionables he was always one of us.
Was down at the cemetery yesterday and spotted his grave stone, couldn't miss it as was clearly engraved with a big Leeds badge.
Will be leaving a few Blue, yellow & white flowers when down there again.

RIP
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’m struggling with sleep ever since we did the clocks. Downstairs most mornings at around 5am.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’m struggling with sleep ever since we did the clocks. Downstairs most mornings at around 5am.
Me too.
But I get up at 3.10am for work, so it's had a different impact on me.
On the Sunday itself I felt completely out of whack having thought the clocks were going forward for some (senior/blonde) reason.
I was fumbling around in the kitchen at 6am thinking it was 9 o'clock.
Then by about 5pm I was ready for bed.
On the Monday, having worked my weird shift as usual (4-8.30am) I then was so sleepy by 10am I went to bed, which I sometimes do for an hour or so .. and slept for three and a half hours :shock:

I'm kinda back with it now, but then again it's a Friday and I always feel jetlagged by the end of the week anyway.
Going out tomorrow night. Need to sleep in the afternoon just to be able to stay awake after 10pm.
And I'll be in eyeliner :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote: And I'll be in eyeliner :D
:shock:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote: And I'll be in eyeliner :D
:shock:
I don't do fancy dress - I just don't like it.
I don't need to pretend to be someone else to have a personality and it's always felt a bit lame as an adult : too desperate, you know ?
But .. I'm out with my gf and a couple of other girl friends I've known for decades, one of which/witch is a goth and she loves it.

Just for a laugh and the pure SHOCK value of knocking on her door dressed normally but with heavy eyeliner on, as it's Halloween, I thought it would be worth it so Jeanna's gonna put it on for me.

I just hope it's off before Monday's shift at work :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just as a matter of interest how do you pronounce scone ? Does rhyme with gone or cone :roll:

#Asking for a friend
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just as a matter of interest how do you pronounce scone ? Does rhyme with gone or cone :roll:

#Asking for a friend
Rhymes with gone :thumbup: