The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Been to another hospital appointment today at Windsor. This was a heart function one as they are trying to increase the strength of my heart so that they can consider chemo and/or operation for the cancer. I caught a glimpse of the title of my file on the doctor's desk and it said 'Heart Failure'. This seemed a bit drastic but apparently it is a common usage for weak heart conditions. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Metro1962 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
I’m hoping he’ll do it without anaesthetic otherwise he will have a quivering wreck in his chair.
Is his name Lawrence Olivier by chance?
Is it safe?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Been to another hospital appointment today at Windsor. This was a heart function one as they are trying to increase the strength of my heart so that they can consider chemo and/or operation for the cancer. I caught a glimpse of the title of my file on the doctor's desk and it said 'Heart Failure'. This seemed a bit drastic but apparently it is a common usage for weak heart conditions. :shock:
As we’ve spoken about several times Sir John, my dad has had numerous operations on his heart, plus numerous other ailments.

Anyway, the docs often refer to his issue as ‘heart failure’ even though he had his first triple bypass around 15 years ago.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Had to come home from work yesterday, got up feeling a bit rough and as I drove to work started feeling really nauseous and shaky. Got home and was advised by work to book a PCR test just in case. T drove me to the test and on the way back I had to tell her to hurry up (didn't want to ruin her car seat.... enough said.) Was sick last night and at the loo constantly. Am shattered now no nausea but still crampy.

Stopped on Wedensday and got two sausage rolls from a filling station for my lunch, only thing I've ate different from T.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When asked the question 'Which is the second city in England?' People from Manchester said Manchester. People from Birmingham said Birmingham. Scousers said 'London'.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Saw the consultant at Windsor Hospital today. He had analysed all the results of the various tests I have had over recent weeks. He told me that they wont consider chemo or surgery, due to my 'heart failure' condition but they might consider radio therapy. He reckons that I have got about 2 years. This would take me to 88 which I don't think you can complain about - its a good run. Just hope that Leeds stay in the Premiership for the next couple of seasons. :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:Saw the consultant at Windsor Hospital today. He had analysed all the results of the various tests I have had over recent weeks. He told me that they wont consider chemo or surgery, due to my 'heart failure' condition but they might consider radio therapy. He reckons that I have got about 2 years. This would take me to 88 which I don't think you can complain about - its a good run. Just hope that Leeds stay in the Premiership for the next couple of seasons. :D
You are a good, good friend, John, and words like yours not only move but also inspire. Thank you, bloomin' legend 8-)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnh wrote:Saw the consultant at Windsor Hospital today. He had analysed all the results of the various tests I have had over recent weeks. He told me that they wont consider chemo or surgery, due to my 'heart failure' condition but they might consider radio therapy. He reckons that I have got about 2 years. This would take me to 88 which I don't think you can complain about - its a good run. Just hope that Leeds stay in the Premiership for the next couple of seasons. :D
You are a good, good friend, John, and words like yours not only move but also inspire. Thank you, bloomin' legend 8-)
Thank you for your kind words Rob. means a lot. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As you know when we have spoken privately Sir John, my 84 year old dad isn’t in the greatest of health to say the least, literally too many ailments to mention. He now has, or has for the last 12 months at least, had chronic heart failure. He’s in and out of hospital on a regular basis, in fact he’s just finished his latest 8 day Streak :D.

Around 2 years ago, they gave him a year at best. He’s still here, he’s still seeing his family, he’s still seeing his mates for a pint of Guinness, he’s still watching Father Ted (don’t ask :D), he’s still winding my Mrs up, he’s still looking forward to seeing his granddaughter (and his great grandson for the first time in around 10 days), he’s still making us all laugh.

Keep fighting mate, stay strong and see where this journey takes you. If you ever need a chat, you know we are here for you Sir John.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

John, I hope you know I don't really need to say anything more than what the rest of the guys have already. I know you're a stubborn so and so and I think we'll be hearing more great stories for many years.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders