The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:My back has improved greatly (touch wood) still niggly but way better. Have a half day today going for a social distance pint and a bite to eat with a mate. Really looking forward to it and will be keeping one eye on the WBA game.
Glad you hear your back is improving Davy. Make sure you take things steady for a while yet. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:My back has improved greatly (touch wood) still niggly but way better. Have a half day today going for a social distance pint and a bite to eat with a mate. Really looking forward to it and will be keeping one eye on the WBA game.
Pleased to see you’re improving Davy, enjoy that pint :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Enjoy :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Haven't posted much here lately (I've dipped into Selby's gamble games, but they're short messages) because I fell off a ladder at home a few weeks back and fractured my sternum. Sore dose. Just getting back to normality now, but will take up to 10 months to fully heal.

I've cracked ribs before. They're also sore, but at least the pain is localised to where the injury is. With the sternum, the swelling moves daily, from centre, to either side, through to the back.

But Leeds keep winning :thumbup: :clap: :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

kk_white wrote:Haven't posted much here lately (I've dipped into Selby's gamble games, but they're short messages) because I fell off a ladder at home a few weeks back and fractured my sternum. Sore dose. Just getting back to normality now, but will take up to 10 months to fully heal.

I've cracked ribs before. They're also sore, but at least the pain is localised to where the injury is. With the sternum, the swelling moves daily, from centre, to either side, through to the back.

Blimey, all the best KK.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

British Airways retiring it's entire fleet of 747, 'Jumbo' jets.
Due to be retired in 2024, date has been brought forward due to sharp downturn in passenger travel related to coronavirus.
Newer more efficient models being used, cheaper to run and will help target of zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Over 500 still in service wordwide, majority carrying cargo these days.
Many comments from patriotic, nostalgia quarters being quoted on news websites, end of an era.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:Haven't posted much here lately (I've dipped into Selby's gamble games, but they're short messages) because I fell off a ladder at home a few weeks back and fractured my sternum. Sore dose. Just getting back to normality now, but will take up to 10 months to fully heal.

Bloody Hell KK, that sounds painful, take care mate and hope its some feeling a bit better.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

Selby White wrote:

Bloody Hell KK, that sounds painful, take care mate and hope its some feeling a bit better.
I hope you will heal soon my friend. Take a couple of shots of paddy or bushmills and you won't feel a thing, (I insist KK, i'ts celebration mode all this weekend, being Irish you need to start now) :lol:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Feeling absolutely fine now. Up up up!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:Feeling absolutely fine now. Up up up!
Heck KK that will have caused a bit of pain, hope your feeling better soon.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders