LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sitting in bar in Portugal listening to a couple of Villa supporters celebrating. Just had to congratulate them and thank them for 6 Easy points Next season. Am getting some dirty looks
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Sitting in bar in Portugal listening to a couple of Villa supporters celebrating. Just had to congratulate them and thank them for 6 Easy points Next season. Am getting some dirty looks
How many mates were you sitting with? :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Sitting in bar in Portugal listening to a couple of Villa supporters celebrating. Just had to congratulate them and thank them for 6 Easy points Next season. Am getting some dirty looks
How many mates were you sitting with? :lol:
You know after the initial banter they came over and we had a great bit of banter, they were under no illusion they are c£*p but believe the new owner will pump loads of money in. As for us we need a striker apparently.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

3 weeks ago we had the traveller community moved onto the sports field that backs onto our garden. This is the 5th time its happened in 3 years since the Rugby Club gave the field up and handed it back to the local council.

Anyway this summer a local junior football team have taken it over and had spent a fortune and done lots of work getting it ready for the season.

In the 3 weeks the travellers have been racing horse & carts around the field tearing it up, the football club must be gutted.

Yesterday the bailiffs arrived and threw them off the field now contains piles of rubbish for someone to clean up and the council are apparently going to foot the bill (or should I say us that pay council tax).
Last year the rubbish was left for two weeks and a couple of people in the next street actually got a rat in their lofts.

Apparently it takes about 3 weeks to get a court order to remove them but it only lasts 3 months (so in 3 month they could come back).
Given the cost of clearing up afterwards and the damage they do the law regarding this is pathetic in my view.

Well at least the horses were well fed, the ate all the new flowers the council had put in at the nearby community centre.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Not ideal but if it's council land can they not fence it off or put concrete bollards up to stop vehicles accessing the field? Over a year or so the cost would be recouped it cleaning and court costs.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

All the open land near where we live, mainly National Trust land but one Cricket club too. have ditches dug around every perimeter. Access points, when not in use, have concrete bollards. We've had no problem for years.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Proper thunder & lightning storm here with heavy rain.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Very hot today here in Berkshire. Breezy, but blowing hot air! I opened one of our windows and closed it immediately after the blast of hot air that hit me. Getting a bit gloomy at the moment, feeling of thunder and lightning in the air.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

36 celsius yesterday. Saw it was 21 in Belfast, Davy must have had the air conditioning on all day.