The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blahblah of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Tracey's son is bringing their year old Cocker Spaniel down today. It's not getting the attention it needs and is kept in a cage for long periods. It's even frightened of her son who has never owned a dog before and apparently shouting is his way of controlling the wee thing. We have had words a while back and now i think he realises he's done more harm than good. (they really didn't think when they got a dog) We're going to give it a few days here to see how it settles. I've no worries about Zac as he's a big softie and loves other dog even when they are brought into his territory. It's the cats that might be the issue, Zac was raised with them and treats them as buddies but Spaniels tend to have a big prey drive. Anyway fingers crossed we'll be able to take Willow and get her back to a happy pup. Not sure what the next move is if we can't but the wee thing can't go on living this way. The good thing is they know this and are taking action.
Softly softly with the introduction to the cats mate, that’s what they told us when I was doing my guide dog training. You don’t need me to tell you not to leave them alone for even a second when they are together until they get used to each other.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Our lad with the neighbours cat....

2019 tesla 0 60
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:Tracey's son is bringing their year old Cocker Spaniel down today. It's not getting the attention it needs and is kept in a cage for long periods. It's even frightened of her son who has never owned a dog before and apparently shouting is his way of controlling the wee thing. We have had words a while back and now i think he realises he's done more harm than good. (they really didn't think when they got a dog) We're going to give it a few days here to see how it settles. I've no worries about Zac as he's a big softie and loves other dog even when they are brought into his territory. It's the cats that might be the issue, Zac was raised with them and treats them as buddies but Spaniels tend to have a big prey drive. Anyway fingers crossed we'll be able to take Willow and get her back to a happy pup. Not sure what the next move is if we can't but the wee thing can't go on living this way. The good thing is they know this and are taking action.
http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/posting. ... 2&p=254795#
Softly softly with the introduction to the cats mate, that’s what they told us when I was doing my guide dog training. You don’t need me to tell you not to leave them alone for even a second when they are together until they get used to each other.
Yes Kev, one of the cats, the more timid one will do her own thing and stay well clear (we have a child gate on the living room door :crazy: which allows her access from the cat flap upstairs without worrying about Zac (who just want to sniff) The other cat is Zacs bestie and tortures him :D The upstairs is the cats safe place.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Our lad with the neighbours cat....

2019 tesla 0 60
Lovely pic.

As you say it's all about getting the intro right and accepting if they just want to have their own space.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Zac with Millie Molly the other cats just gives him a wide berth.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just seen this on Facebook about my grandad

He lived in Eastgate, and joined the Royal Artillery in February 1887. He He served in South Africa from 1899 to 1902 where he was in the Relief of Ladysmith during the Boer War. On his return to civilian life he lived at 60 Eastgate, was married and had four sons. On the first day of WW1. he enlisted in the Garrison Artillery, driving shells and food to the front line. He returned to Pickering in 1920 and lived at 79 Eastgate ( Victoria Place), now the site of a Fish & Chip shop, and worked as a woodman. James died on 17 June 1943, at the age of 75. The photographer is unknown.

Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just seen this on Facebook about my grandad

He lived in Eastgate, and joined the Royal Artillery in February 1887. He He served in South Africa from 1899 to 1902 where he was in the Relief of Ladysmith during the Boer War. On his return to civilian life he lived at 60 Eastgate, was married and had four sons. On the first day of WW1. he enlisted in the Garrison Artillery, driving shells and food to the front line. He returned to Pickering in 1920 and lived at 79 Eastgate ( Victoria Place), now the site of a Fish & Chip shop, and worked as a woodman. James died on 17 June 1943, at the age of 75. The photographer is unknown.

Blimey, fascinating stuff!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Obviously never met him but unbelievably proud.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Obviously never met him but unbelievably proud.

Rightly so ferrying stuff to the front line for 4 years by the looks of it. Volunteering on day one of WW1. Fantastic stuff.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Love personal history like this.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders