The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Help needed a quiz :D

I am a Scouse I have won the Champions League as a player

I’m British I have won the snooker world championship & my first name begins with S

I’m European I have been World number one in tennis & I have beaten Andy Murray in a grand final

I’m German I have never played club football outside Germany & I won the World Cup in 2010

I’m South American my position is goalkeeper & I currently play in the Premiership

I’m Spanish I have played for more than one PL team & one of those is Chelsea

I’m French I am a World Cup winner & a PL winner
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Help needed a quiz :D

I am a Scouse I have won the Champions League as a player Steven Gerrard

I’m British I have won the snooker world championship & my first name begins with S Stephen Hendry

I’m European I have been World number one in tennis & I have beaten Andy Murray in a grand final

I’m German I have never played club football outside Germany & I won the World Cup in 2010 Neuer

I’m South American my position is goalkeeper & I currently play in the Premiership Romero Man City

I’m Spanish I have played for more than one PL team & one of those is Chelsea Mata

I’m French I am a World Cup winner & a PL winner
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just had my annual battle with my car insurers, saved £417 this year by switching.

As many know, I worked in the insurance business for 28 years, so I can’t be hoodwinked by the various bits and pieces they add to your basic policy. It’s scandalous, it really is, and I made my feelings known to a manager at Direct Line this morning.

Just feel sorry for those less knowledgeable than me regarding insurance (that’s not an insult to anyone), and those who feel they have no option but to simply renew with their existing insurers.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Exactly right BB. I change fairly often, though for the last few years I have been with the same provider. I think they must have a record of my 'discussions' with them as they don't try anything on now!
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Exactly right BB. I change fairly often, though for the last few years I have been with the same provider. I think they must have a record of my 'discussions' with them as they don't try anything on now!
It’s the add ons that get me Sir John.

Fair enough, they can’t do anything about the IPT, I used to get it in the neck from clients regarding that and it’s down to the government, not the insurers.

It’s all the other stuff, Breakdown Cover (generally folk have it with the garage from where they purchased their car, or the AA or whatever), ULR/MLP (there are that many no win, no fee places these days you simply dont need it), Replacement Lock Cover (generally found as standard under your Household policy).

I’ll stop there as I’m winding myself up now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Agree with you both I shop around every year.
It's amazing how often your insurers can offer a better price after you tell them you've found a better price elsewhere.
I just tell them they should have thought of it in the first place but I'm more than happy for them to quote again 12 month down the road.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

What annoys me about insurance companies (no disrespect to BB or anyone who work or has worked for them in the past by saying this) is the fact people pay for their homes, cars, health and even pets a fee or an inclusive fee for all of the above every month, quarterly, or annually as has been said. Lets just say its 1000 a year for the insurance for all okay, why is it that when i have paid for the whole year and i have no issues at all i don't get at least some of the money back? Its a rip off from the start... they take your money quickly and if you do have any claim to make they are so slow to pay out for the claim and make you feel as if your at fault. many even try to box you in a corner with the questions they ask.

My personal view is that insurance companies are making free money every year off millions of people for absolutely nothing. It should be a case where is you have made no claim you get 70% of the money back and the 30% goes for administrative costs which in my opinion would be a fair deal.

Sorry BB but i despise insurance companies completely mate and i really avoid them if i can although i have to do it because its a society acceptance thing enforced by power and greedy government officials who represent powerful clients like insurance companies, pharmaceutical industries and other scammers of poor peoples meagre finances.

Good that you have the knowledge and awareness of what B/S they do to rope you into giving over more BB
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I've just bought a new car and rang my insurance company to add it to my existing policy for a couple of weeks as many companies allow you to do, only to be told they don't offer this option. He was however willing to give me a quote for the new car. I can't remember my exact words but basically I told him not to bother because they aren't giving me any incentive to stay with them and I can get better deals elsewhere. They even charged me £15 just to put the old plates back on.

In the end I got free 5 day drive away insurance followed a full year's cover with the next 2 years guaranteed at the same price from Skoda Insurance (and no admin fee for changing the plates)

By the way, if anyone wants a Fabia VRS, I know one for sale at a good price
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

CorkWhite wrote: Sorry BB but i despise insurance companies completely mate

Good that you have the knowledge and awareness of what B/S they do to rope you into giving over more BB
No need for apologies Corky, I actually worked for an insurance broker for all that time, not the insurers, so they were the enemy to me and my clients :D.

As you say, it’s great to have the knowledge and experience I have. I could tear the operatives to pieces if I wanted, but it’s not their fault, usually they are just youngsters reading from a script.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Driving home from work last night I thought I felt a bit of a shudder through the steering wheel. So faint I wasn't sure if I was imagining it. Got about a mile from home and sure enough it got worse and the squealing started. I suspected a ceased caliper and the nice guys at my local confirmed it this morning. New caliper, new disc and pads. The joys of motoring, not much change from £7.50 :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders