The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:Just back from a grand walk, 5 miles or so, along the Trent's flood bank.
Now having a nice crusty cob with a big bowl of steaming hot soup.
Homemade butternut squash, red pepper & garlic, all homegrown on our alotment. :thumbup:
We've been catching up with a few local walks recently, usually along floodbanks (not quite as muddy as the fields at this time of year). Done walks along parts of the Ouse, Derwent & Aire.
Food always tastes good afterwards :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

johnh wrote:Bad football week-end for me. Leeds lost to the bottom team who are still bottom. Everton lost to a team in the bottom three after setting up for a draw. Typical 'no risk' Allardyce, packed his midfield and lost to a late goal. My local team Maidenhead lost at home to a late goal to a team they beat
4 - 0 away.
That's football johnh as you well now :D
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

90 miles a hour wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote:Just looking on Twitter and came across this
Homelessness has in England over the last five year's doubled and nearly trebled over the last ten
What are we doing in this day and age it makes you think how lucky some of us are
If you see some won constantly sleeping rough you can report it using an app called streetlink And Please Do
But for me and my family this year there's. No fireworks on new years eve im going to buy 6 sleeping bags 6 pairs of gloves 6 hats and go down to
St George s crypt in Leeds and hand them out.
Just to update called down to the crypt this morning and handed in the sleeping bags /gloves/hats to them hope they make some one as happy as myself and my grandkids feelt as we walked back
My grandson (he's 6) said granddad Santa will be give thing's away tonight as well :D :D magic
Change off plans the fireworks are back on can t not do them when the 4 grandkids are asking (what time are we letting the fireworks off )
I'm a soft granddad :crazy: :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well this is turning out to be the best day of the year so far.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Well this is turning out to be the best day of the year so far.

:crazy:

I had to think about that one
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve been feeling some real pain in my upper right arm for a couple of weeks following my own stupidity at the gym. After my moaning and groaning through Christmas, Mrs B insisted I go to the doctors, and booked me an appointment yesterday.

Doctor - “Unfortunately, it looks quite serious, I think you’ve torn one of your muscles in the arm”
Me - “What happens now Doc”
Doctor - “I’ll need to send you for a full scan, the appointment will be in around 10 weeks though”
Me - “Ok, how long will it take to heal on its own”
Doctor- “About 12 weeks”
Me - “For the sake of two weeks, don’t bother with the scan, I’ll just put up with it”
Doctor - “Now I’ve diagnosed it, you have to have the scan or you might sue us if it gets worse”

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I feel your pain BB. A couple of weeks ago I went to have cortisone injections in my shoulder, very painful, I almost passed out the pain was that bad. To make matters worse it didn't work & am now looking at a course of psychotherapy as I'm permanent pain & taking strong pain killers.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I feel your pain BB. A couple of weeks ago I went to have cortisone injections in my shoulder, very painful, I almost passed out the pain was that bad. To make matters worse it didn't work & am now looking at a course of psychotherapy as I'm permanent pain & taking strong pain killers.
Frozen shoulder ??

I've had it twice, once on each side.
The first was from a trauma falling into a pool, the second just came on, presumably due to the diabetes.

I found the cortisone really helped but time is the only thing that sorts it permanently. Exercising it can shave a few weeks off the total healing time, but for a frozen shoulder the time-scale is between a year and 18 months normally.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

No Mate I've knackered my trapezius muscle. Had it for about 3 years now the last time I had the cortisone injection I had relief for about 3 months, sadly not this time.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Mrs WW tripped and fell over defective paving stones on 7th October. Went to A&E as she was in so much pain. She was told after x-ray that nothing was broken and the damage could be muscular. Had the MRI scan at the end of October and the results showed that she had torn a tendon in her shoulder. Had surgery on 22nd December to have it reattached and it will be about 8 weeks from then until she can start using her right arm fully. The consultant said it could take up to 12 months for it to get back to how it was before.