The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Total turmoil here in Nottingham with the fire loads of NottinghamWhites were planning to go to Ipswich on the train but BR are already saying the station won't be open tomorrow. Thousands of Villa fans expected tomorrow & County always travel well to Lincoln.

Whenever Leeds play Ipswich or Norwich you usually get loads on the same train from Nottingham, Mansfield, Leicester, Chesterfield & other places.
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Total turmoil here in Nottingham with the fire loads of NottinghamWhites were planning to go to Ipswich on the train but BR are already saying the station won't be open tomorrow. Thousands of Villa fans expected tomorrow & County always travel well to Lincoln.

Whenever Leeds play Ipswich or Norwich you usually get loads on the same train from Nottingham, Mansfield, Leicester, Chesterfield & other places.
Gosh did I miss something? Have the railways been re-nationalized? :lol: (although I don't know who would take such a decision - Network Rail?)

As Nottingham is a hub for Natiional Express the sensible thing to do would be organize more coaches......
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

One thing strutting your stuff in front of strangers on holiday after a couple of cocktails but Mrs SW wants us to take up both ballroom and Line dancing. :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:One thing strutting your stuff in front of strangers on holiday after a couple of cocktails but Mrs SW wants us to take up both ballroom and Line dancing. :shock:
HA ! Brilliant :)

Go for it, mate.
You'll be a babe magnet in no time, believe me !

I love dancing and don't know why so many blokes are afraid to get on the floor.

I used to DJ a latin night at the university where I worked and there would always be a few members of both the Latin Society and the Ballroom Dancing Society there. In total, about 20 women and five blokes on an average night. All the women were lithe and lovely and the men were in constant demand, so much so that they'd give me the nod to slow it down if it all got too much for them. They'd buy a pint at about 8pm and it would 3/4 full and flat come half nine, they'd nary had a chance to touch the stuff.

I've been to a couple of country clubs in Nashville and line dancing isn't so bad over there because the music's so good - much more varied than the more traditional country and the awful Irish stuff that gets played this side of the pond. It depends. If you get a younger set you might be alright there too, but I'd definitely give the ballroom a go.

Or, here's an idea, try salsa instead.
It's a lot more sensual and altogether less fuddy-duddy than ballroom plus there's often a live latin band at events and they're usually bloody great !
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Blue sky, sunshine, 20°, 10 lengths of pool, 2 slices of pizza & a couple 'o' cerveza's por favor.
I love it peeps, I say I love it. ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been feeling some real pain in my upper right arm for a couple of weeks following my own stupidity at the gym. After my moaning and groaning through Christmas, Mrs B insisted I go to the doctors, and booked me an appointment yesterday.

Doctor - “Unfortunately, it looks quite serious, I think you’ve torn one of your muscles in the arm”
Me - “What happens now Doc”
Doctor - “I’ll need to send you for a full scan, the appointment will be in around 10 weeks though”
Me - “Ok, how long will it take to heal on its own”
Doctor- “About 12 weeks”
Me - “For the sake of two weeks, don’t bother with the scan, I’ll just put up with it”
Doctor - “Now I’ve diagnosed it, you have to have the scan or you might sue us if it gets worse”

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Finally received the date for my scan, 7th March :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
Selby White wrote:One thing strutting your stuff in front of strangers on holiday after a couple of cocktails but Mrs SW wants us to take up both ballroom and Line dancing. :shock:
HA ! Brilliant :)

Go for it, mate.
You'll be a babe magnet in no time, believe me !

I love dancing and don't know why so many blokes are afraid to get on the floor.

I used to DJ a latin night at the university where I worked and there would always be a few members of both the Latin Society and the Ballroom Dancing Society there. In total, about 20 women and five blokes on an average night. All the women were lithe and lovely and the men were in constant demand, so much so that they'd give me the nod to slow it down if it all got too much for them. They'd buy a pint at about 8pm and it would 3/4 full and flat come half nine, they'd nary had a chance to touch the stuff.

I've been to a couple of country clubs in Nashville and line dancing isn't so bad over there because the music's so good - much more varied than the more traditional country and the awful Irish stuff that gets played this side of the pond. It depends. If you get a younger set you might be alright there too, but I'd definitely give the ballroom a go.

Or, here's an idea, try salsa instead.
It's a lot more sensual and altogether less fuddy-duddy than ballroom plus there's often a live latin band at events and they're usually bloody great !
Had live entertainment on each night in hotel, mostly good.
Last week was a group.of 12 people staying from.northern Ireland (friends from a dance group). Anyway they got Cathy hooked on the line dancing so looks like we'll be having a bash when we get home.

Also some excellent ballroom dancers staying a couple that I reckon do comps, was good to watch.

To be fair we will have a go at everything, only live once and don't care whether good or not, it's all fun.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been feeling some real pain in my upper right arm for a couple of weeks following my own stupidity at the gym. After my moaning and groaning through Christmas, Mrs B insisted I go to the doctors, and booked me an appointment yesterday.

Doctor - “Unfortunately, it looks quite serious, I think you’ve torn one of your muscles in the arm”
Me - “What happens now Doc”
Doctor - “I’ll need to send you for a full scan, the appointment will be in around 10 weeks though”
Me - “Ok, how long will it take to heal on its own”
Doctor- “About 12 weeks”
Me - “For the sake of two weeks, don’t bother with the scan, I’ll just put up with it”
Doctor - “Now I’ve diagnosed it, you have to have the scan or you might sue us if it gets worse”

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Finally received the date for my scan, 7th March :shock:
Bloody hell, bet it clears up the day before.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

PockWhite wrote:Blue sky, sunshine, 20°, 10 lengths of pool, 2 slices of pizza & a couple 'o' cerveza's por favor.
Should have gone to Costa del sol, could have bought you a drink :thumbup:
Great time of year to go away, think we'll be doing it again.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Selby White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Blue sky, sunshine, 20°, 10 lengths of pool, 2 slices of pizza & a couple 'o' cerveza's por favor.
Should have gone to Costa del sol, could have bought you a drink :thumbup:
Great time of year to go away, think we'll be doing it again.
Last day today. 21° round pool. Night flight. Feeling down int dumps don't want to go home.
But reading VHTM's Brexit & Politics posts has given me a reet lift/laff!! :lol: