The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Sheepy »

When I was at school I never knew what I wanted to do so I probably made poor choices in terms of what subjects I studied. I definitely should have gone to Uni (or Poly as it was then) but I never took my place.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Did they teach you how to reply to PMs at school, Sloppy? :P
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

How times change. Until I went in the Army to do my National Service, I had never met anyone who had been to University. Very few went to University in the 1940's and 50's. I left school without any qualifications but the upside was that you never found yourself competing with graduates in the jobs market. There were plenty of jobs and employers were more interested in your aptitude and how hard you worked than what you had done at school. I worked for a multi-national company and was fortunate to get several promotions and no one ever asked me where I went to school. In many ways, I think it is a lot more difficult starting out now.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Did they teach you how to reply to PMs at school, Sloppy? :P
Have I missed a PM?
Deleted User 130

Only about my rotten news mate, it definitely went to you. Don't worry about offending me, you haven't of course, apologies if you didn't get it but I definintely sent it.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Thats odd, I definitely replied. Anyway, I've just sent you a PM mate. Sorry about that :(
Deleted User 130

As just said mate, nothing to be sorry about. I knew something wasn't right, no harm done whatsoever.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Back from Spain and back to normality now. :thumbdown:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

+15 wrote:Back from Spain and back to normality now. :thumbdown:

You look lovely and brown :wave:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:
onenorthernsoul wrote:Did they teach you how to reply to PMs at school, Sloppy? :P
Have I missed a PM?
onenorthernsoul wrote:Only about my rotten news mate, it definitely went to you. Don't worry about offending me, you haven't of course, apologies if you didn't get it but I definintely sent it.
Sheepy wrote:Thats odd, I definitely replied. Anyway, I've just sent you a PM mate. Sorry about that :(
onenorthernsoul wrote:As just said mate, nothing to be sorry about. I knew something wasn't right, no harm done whatsoever.
Oh how I love a love in Image
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders