The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Have been under the Doc for the past few weeks. Have had really bad breathlessness which results in a lot of lost sleep (wake up unable to breath - panic!) Had two X-rays and Doc phoned today to say 'fluid on the lung'. Got some tablets so hope it gets sorted. Don't fancy the 'draining' procedure which her indoors had last month. My sister also had it but managed to get away with tablets. Sounds like it runs in the family! Once the tablets start working, I reckon I'll sleep for a week!
Also had a bad cough, all Covid related stuff but have had several lateral flow tests and PCR tests, all negative.
John you look after yourself. Hope the tablets work but if need be go with the procedure. I'm sure you had many a discomforting procedure during your time overseas :D

Stay well friend.
Probably the most discomforting procedure was a bout of 'weeping tinea', which is a fungal based ailment that attacks the nether regions. The rash is large, sore and itchy. The worst part is the treatment which feels as though acid is being poured on it. (Singapore)
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Went to see the Doc this morning for a review of where we are at with the fluid on the lung. He said to continue to take the tablets and calculated that, so far, I had got rid of two and a half litres of fluid. The best thing is that I am sleeping a lot better, not waking up breathless. Can't handle losing sleep, really knocks me back.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Her indoors has gone into hospital. Daughter took her in. It was a bit late as they had to wait for a bed to come available. On my own now for several days. Fortunately, the fridge and freezer are fairly well stocked.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:Her indoors has gone into hospital. Daughter took her in. It was a bit late as they had to wait for a bed to come available. On my own now for several days. Fortunately, the fridge and freezer are fairly well stocked.
Best of luck to you all mate, and please keep us posted.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Boy Johnjust when you didn't need that. Hope things pick up for you and your good lady.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Her indoors has gone into hospital. Daughter took her in. It was a bit late as they had to wait for a bed to come available. On my own now for several days. Fortunately, the fridge and freezer are fairly well stocked.
It never rains but it pours, all the best to you and your good lady Sir John, please keep us informed.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

All the best John, hope she is soon back with you.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Ah John, sorry to hear that, but at least your condition is improving :thumbup: Keep us posted pls
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Sending positive thoughts Sir John :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sorry to hear your news, John. Hopefully she will be home soon.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.