The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

She was in Germany yesterday so it would've been possible.

Maybe "Sir" John really is up for a knighthood ? :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote: Maybe "Sir" John really is up for a knighthood ? :D
Well I have been calling for it for several months, perhaps she reads this forum :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:You never know who is at the door!

Front door bell rang this afternoon, daughter answered the door, came back into the lounge and said 'the Prime Minister is at the door'. I said 'invite her in' and in comes Theresa May. She spent about 10 minutes chatting and was very personable. Very unexpected but can always say that the PM has been in our house!
Sorry Sir John, but is this is serious post ?.
Yes, absolutely true.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Front door bell rang this afternoon, daughter answered the door, came back into the lounge and said 'the Prime Minister is at the door'. I said 'invite her in' and in comes Theresa May. She spent about 10 minutes chatting and was very personable. Very unexpected but can always say that the PM has been in our house!
Yes, absolutely true.
Blimey, no offence Sir John, but what the heck was she doing at your house ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yes, absolutely true.
Billy C got it right when he said "The desire to be a politician should be enough to ban you from ever becoming one" Should that be Tory Labout Lib Dems DUP, Sinn Fein SDLP Raving Monster Loony party etc.

Seriously I do think that most politicians start off with the right ideas and values but then find that the system either kills them "career wise" or they succumb to the easy way out.

I personally admire individuals more than Party ... which makes it bloody difficult to choose.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Yes, absolutely true.
Blimey, no offence Sir John, but what the heck was she doing at your house ?
She works very hard in her constituency. Every weekly edition of the Maidenhead Advertiser has pictures of her at (mainly charity) events in and around Maidenhead. I think this was just a meet and greet session knocking at doors.
Forgot to mention on my original post. When she was at the door she had a bodyguard with her. He remained just outside the front door. After she came in my daughter, out of habit, started to close the door. The bodyguard shouldered it back open!
Deleted User 728

Blimey.

What did you say to her ?
Brexit must've come up, surely ?
Germany ? Merkel ?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Blimey.

What did you say to her ?
Brexit must've come up, surely ? :D
Germany ? Merkel ?
Her indoors started talking about 'green' issues but I did make the point about giving the EU some stick back as they always seem to be taking the piss. (No, I put it slightly differently :D) She smiled and said 'things are not always what they seem or what is reported, we are doing fine'. Not sure these are the exact words (wouldn't make a good reporter!) but that's the gist of it.
Deleted User 728

Well, she would say that wouldn't she ?? ;)
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

One thing I really dislike bout windows 10 is that you don't have the option to turn off updates. I know there are programs to do the registry hacks to stop them from happening until I chose the time myself. I have done the setting of the time but lately there have been so many happening I find it eats up all the CPU of the laptop and affects my work a little. Service host local system on the task manager can number up to anything between 5 and 15 running at the same time. My laptop isn't a strong machine and its a Lenovo Chinese made model but it works well when there is none of these undesirable but probably necessary updates constantly happening. The past week I have had the same update download four times in a row, had the blue screen of death soon after the first time.