The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote: Miss going out for a meal.
Yes can appreciate that we are so looking forward to getting out once the lockdown is over.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Where our daughter lives in Northampton there’s a fella who’s become a chef & he cooks & delivers 5 nights a week. Supposed to be excellent quality, doing so well he’s packed his day job in. We’ve nowt like that round here,
Its good to hear some are making a effort and making good, got to applaud them :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just had a 'Zoom' get together with all the family from York, Nottingham, Sheffield, London, Flackwell Heath and Maidenhead. 45 minutes - no face masks required! Excellent facility.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Just had a 'Zoom' get together with all the family from York, Nottingham, Sheffield, London, Flackwell Heath and Maidenhead. 45 minutes - no face masks required! Excellent facility.
Around 15 minutes to our virtual pub Skype call, where our merry bunch of season ticket holders open a bottle and have a chat. DLW10 will no doubt be in attendance, he tends to have two bottles though :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:Just had a 'Zoom' get together with all the family from York, Nottingham, Sheffield, London, Flackwell Heath and Maidenhead. 45 minutes - no face masks required! Excellent facility.
Around 15 minutes to our virtual pub Skype call, where our merry bunch of season ticket holders open a bottle and have a chat. DLW10 will no doubt be in attendance, he tends to have two bottles though :D
Only 2 bottles for dlw10? Is he on a diet? :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Tell him I was asking about him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Mods... In the recent light of ISR getting banned will one of you please delete my Politics Topic thread. I feel somewhat responsible for his banning. Whilst not condoning some of ISR posts and some of my own posts, like myself i felt ISR spoke his mind. I therefore don't want anyone else to get banned on my behalf. I will find other outlets for my Political views and agree with those that say football forums are not for Religious & Political discussion. Thanks in advance.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Mods... In the recent light of ISR getting banned will one of you please delete my Politics Topic thread. I feel somewhat responsible for his banning. Whilst not condoning some of ISR posts and some of my own posts, like myself i felt ISR spoke his mind. I therefore don't want anyone else to get banned on my behalf. I will find other outlets for my Political views and agree with those that say football forums are not for Religious & Political discussion. Thanks in advance.
The trouble with that is we would then be deleting lots of other users' posts.

I deleted a few myself a fortnight ago and subsequently the mods had to deal with the fallout : with that in mind, I'd be loathe to go through all that again.

You didn't get ISR banned : he broke forum rules he'd been both warned about and indeed suspended for a couple of times before that.

You shouldn't feel guilty, Vid, is what I'm trying to say ...
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Mods... In the recent light of ISR getting banned will one of you please delete my Politics Topic thread. I feel somewhat responsible for his banning. Whilst not condoning some of ISR posts and some of my own posts, like myself i felt ISR spoke his mind. I therefore don't want anyone else to get banned on my behalf. I will find other outlets for my Political views and agree with those that say football forums are not for Religious & Political discussion. Thanks in advance.

There's no need to delete any threads, all we need on this forum is for posters to act like adults and not be goading or mocking others, or unnecessarily stirring things or going off topic deliberately or alleging the moderators are bullying people and operating some sort of mafiosi regime :angel:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

For over 50 years I’ve been reading the Telegraph but am seriously thinking of jacking it in. I have the app on my iPad & for months there’s been problems with the crossword like not being able to send off a completed prize crossword. Now there’s no prize crossword & the pages aren’t opening up. It’s shambolic in this day & age. One of the few pleasures is first thing on a morning cup of coffee & the crosswords. I’ve contacted the paper on several occasions but never had a response. They’re happy to take their £26 a month.

Rant over :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League