The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:For over 50 years I’ve been reading the Telegraph but am seriously thinking of jacking it in. I have the app on my iPad & for months there’s been problems with the crossword like not being able to send off a completed prize crossword. Now there’s no prize crossword & the pages aren’t opening up. It’s shambolic in this day & age. One of the few pleasures is first thing on a morning cup of coffee & the crosswords. I’ve contacted the paper on several occasions but never had a response. They’re happy to take their £26 a month.

Rant over :twisted:
I used to buy it, believe it or not. For several years I read it mainly for the football coverage and for the crosswords, so I feel your pain.
It's funny how most papers hold them back for subscribers, but I guess it's one of the few little nuggets they have exclusivity on.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:For over 50 years I’ve been reading the Telegraph but am seriously thinking of jacking it in. I have the app on my iPad & for months there’s been problems with the crossword like not being able to send off a completed prize crossword. Now there’s no prize crossword & the pages aren’t opening up. It’s shambolic in this day & age. One of the few pleasures is first thing on a morning cup of coffee & the crosswords. I’ve contacted the paper on several occasions but never had a response. They’re happy to take their £26 a month.

Rant over :twisted:
My local newsagent delivers mine every morning, never have a problem.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Crossword clue & it’s a British bird

1) Call 15 21 26 05 12

2) Could this mean a death sentence
Winner of the Europa League
Philholmes
Giddy Kipper

Post by Philholmes »

blackcap
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Philholmes wrote:blackcap
Correct & welcome
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just had some bad news somebody I knew, really nice bloke as passed away, don't know circumstances but don't believe it's coronavirus related.
Also another chap from our small cul de sac died on Monday, sort of only knew him to chat on the street but again decent bloke. It's cancer related he's been fighting it a long time.

Sadly in the current situation that's two funerals we can't go to and pay our respects.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Just had some bad news somebody I knew, really nice bloke as passed away, don't know circumstances but don't believe it's coronavirus related.
Also another chap from our small cul de sac died on Monday, sort of only knew him to chat on the street but again decent bloke. It's cancer related he's been fighting it a long time.

Sadly in the current situation that's two funerals we can't go to and pay our respects.
Sorry to hear that news mate, an elderly gentleman in our village is in intensive care with the virus at the minute :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just had our highlight of the week a Tesco delivery, my how times have changed :roll:
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Aye, it's a bad day when I now find a grocery delivery to be exciting, during my self-imposed house arrest ........ oh well, simple pleasures, I guess. :roll:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

yorkfan wrote:Aye, it's a bad day when I now find a grocery delivery to be exciting, during my self-imposed house arrest ........ oh well, simple pleasures, I guess. :roll:
It’s not just the delivery but saying hello to another human being :lol: