The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been having trouble with my mobile for months, it just wouldn’t charge properly. I’d find myself twisting the connection point at a certain angle until it started charging, it’s also been losing battery power very quickly. It’s been driving me absolutely crackers.

In view of lockdown, I’ve not been wanting to go out and get it sorted, but it wouldn’t charge at all this morning, so I’ve nipped into town so someone could have a look. A young kid of about 7 years old came out, took one look, said give me 5 minutes, within two minutes he was back with the phone charging properly. I asked how much and he said no charge, it only took me a minute. I noticed a sponsorship form on the counter, he is doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for his disabled sister to go on holiday. I put £30 on the form, and gave him the money there and then, he was made up.

As the saying goes, everyone’s a winner :thumbup:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve been having trouble with my mobile for months, it just wouldn’t charge properly. I’d find myself twisting the connection point at a certain angle until it started charging, it’s also been losing battery power very quickly. It’s been driving me absolutely crackers.

In view of lockdown, I’ve not been wanting to go out and get it sorted, but it wouldn’t charge at all this morning, so I’ve nipped into town so someone could have a look. A young kid of about 7 years old came out, took one look, said give me 5 minutes, within two minutes he was back with the phone charging properly. I asked how much and he said no charge, it only took me a minute. I noticed a sponsorship form on the counter, he is doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for his disabled sister to go on holiday. I put £30 on the form, and gave him the money there and then, he was made up.

As the saying goes, everyone’s a winner :thumbup:
Well done sir :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Nice one BB :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I was due some dental work in December under sedation & the day before was told my dentist of 20+ years had had his contract terminated due to a conflict of interest. This morning at 09:00 I was due to have the sedation done but at 08:15 received a phone call to tell me the anaesthetist had car problems & they would have to cancel again :twisted: This is a BUPA surgery not some run of the mill practice.
Finally talking medical things my wife just phoned our local surgery to make an appointment to have her bloods done. She was put on hold & that awful canned music came on. The music was There’s No Place Like Home :roll: Irony or sarcasm ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

We've recently had a new kitchen fitted which is great so now just the walls to paint.

Anyway you can get those little trial packs to see if you like the colour before you buy.
Mrs SW is trying to choose a colour and just been for another couple and looking at the variety now on the kitchen walls I think Picasso would be proud. :shock:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:We've recently had a new kitchen fitted which is great so now just the walls to paint.

Anyway you can get those little trial packs to see if you like the colour before you buy.
Mrs SW is trying to choose a colour and just been for another couple and looking at the variety now on the kitchen walls I think Picasso would be proud. :shock:
I've often thought it would look amazing if you painted stripes of graded test pots along one wall as a statement piece of interior design.
You know, buy up 20 different shades of magnolia that range from only just off-white to a nutty beige at the other end then have the adjoining walls as pure white and tan to offset them, either correctly with the off-white blending into the white and the nut to the tan or deliberately the opposite to make a feature of the contrast.

Obviously, you could do the same in any range of shades : "hint of sky" to mid-blue, "lemon zest" to egg yolk yellow, duck egg green to forest green, etc ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The kitchen company we bought the kitchen from sold us some decorative spacers so things all matched up to two alcoves we were building into.
Anyway the fitter said they weren't needed and suggested I phone them.
Got refunded £200 no problem and got to keep the bits which will possibly make some shelves and a work bench for the garage.
Thought better not waste the £200.

Couple of cases of our fav wines just been delivered :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:The kitchen company we bought the kitchen from sold us some decorative spacers so things all matched up to two alcoves we were building into.
Anyway the fitter said they weren't needed and suggested I phone them.
Got refunded £200 no problem and got to keep the bits which will possibly make some shelves and a work bench for the garage.
Thought better not waste the £200.

Couple of cases of our fav wines just been delivered :D
Priorities and all that :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

That reminded me I hadn't checked out how Brexit was going to do to my https://www.portugalvineyards.com/en/ account :crazy:

Happy to say there's no change so just ordered 18 bottles for £61 delivered. I was running a bit low :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Lovely cryptic clue in today’s Telegraph.

Big splash in Africa, possible headline after royal stumble (8-5) :D