The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Today’s play on words in the Telegraph is Rays Cane :roll: I haven’t a scooby what it’s supposed to be
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Today’s play on words in the Telegraph is Rays Cane :roll: I haven’t a scooby what it’s supposed to be
Wonder if it's anything to do with sugar....Sugar Ray Leonard....sugar cane...?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

mapperleywhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Today’s play on words in the Telegraph is Rays Cane :roll: I haven’t a scooby what it’s supposed to be
Wonder if it's anything to do with sugar....Sugar Ray Leonard....sugar cane...?

Apparently it’s Raise Cain.

To raise Cain means to cause a commotion, to create a disturbance, to make trouble. The Cain in the phrase raise Cain refers to a character in the Old Testament of the Bible. Cain was the son of Adam and Eve, and he murdered his brother Abel. In the story, both Cain and Abel bring an offering to God.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Good day today. Started with phone calls for me and her indoors to have second jabs tomorrow. Daughter no. 1 came down from London and we went to Daughter no. 2 in Flackwell Heath. Daughter no. 1 gave me and her indoors a hair cut. Super weather too, sunny and 20 degrees C.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Car insurance due next month and got a quote £45 more expensive than last year.

So as you do tried price around only to discover that the photo on my driving licence was 10 years old last October and should have been changed. :oops:
Convinced I never got a reminder.

Fortunately with the lockdown I've never driven anywhere and Mrs SW does it all ;)

Anyway was able to renew online (they can use your passport photo) and got a cover letter saying I can drive as its been processed.

Suggest you all check your photo driving licence (its the date after 4b.), apparently lots do it but it can be a £1,000 fine and insurance wouldn't count.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Car insurance due next month and got a quote £45 more expensive than last year.

So as you do tried price around only to discover that the photo on my driving licence was 10 years old last October and should have been changed. :oops:
Convinced I never got a reminder.

Fortunately with the lockdown I've never driven anywhere and Mrs SW does it all ;)

Anyway was able to renew online (they can use your passport photo) and got a cover letter saying I can drive as its been processed.

Suggest you all check your photo driving licence (its the date after 4b.), apparently lots do it but it can be a £1,000 fine and insurance wouldn't count.
When you reach 70 you have to renew your driving license every 3 years. So I have just completed my 5th renewal. They never ask for a new photo so they must think I just look like and old bu**er.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just had lunch & a glass in the garden :D
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

We have had a sea fret over us all day today so hardly any sunshine, bad luck for the ones taking a sickie expecting a sunny day.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

On another website, pictures of some top politicians (Trump, Putin etc.,) holding their pet dogs. The Chinese guy (can't remember his name) was holding a plate with a piece of meat in his hand. :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Training coming on well.

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders