The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:Beautiful day here in Berkshire and I have spent most of the afternoon watching T20 England v Pakistan and F1 from Silverstone. With highlights of the Open to come at 8.00pm.
Read that the track temperature at Silverstone was touching 52 degrees C :sick:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can't remember if I have posted this before, apologies if I have. Read something which triggered this. My only grandson is 21. When my grandad was 21 there was no such thing as an aeroplane. Two World Wars contributed to the pace of development.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Seduced by advertising my wife bought me 4 seed bombs to bring wild flowers into the garden as a Christmas present. We cleared an area of the garden did everything the destructions & bombed the bombs. 3 months on & the area of garden resembles a weed patch :twisted:

Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Show us the real photo then! :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Show us the real photo then! :D

:twisted: Bloody things apparently were £40 according to Sue.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yeah, that's not a garden, that's an 'estate'.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
No John. NW is saying his garden is in a state.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

The A259 in LA is being widened from Morrisons roundabout in Wick to the Body Shop roundabout and from Angmering through East Preston to Ferring a total of around 4 miles, plus a new northbound route out of the town to link up with A27 at Arundel, work started about 2 years ago and at first it wasn`t to bad and through lock down it didn`t really affect anything but since coming out of lock down the queues have been a nightmare, last week i was working in Arundel, normally a 10 min drive, it was taking 30 mins, the same for the homeward journey, this week i`m in the beautiful village of Burpham just outside of Arundel and it`s the same, the trouble is there seems to be very little progress and a definite lack of labour force, what with this and major housing developements in the area it has change the landscape completely, the area certainly has change since i was a kid, not for the better, i`m sure this sort of thing is happening in other areas. Rant over.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:
No John. NW is saying his garden is in a state.
:lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

LAsouthcoast wrote:The A259 in LA is being widened from Morrisons roundabout in Wick to the Body Shop roundabout and from Angmering through East Preston to Ferring a total of around 4 miles, plus a new northbound route out of the town to link up with A27 at Arundel, work started about 2 years ago and at first it wasn`t to bad and through lock down it didn`t really affect anything but since coming out of lock down the queues have been a nightmare, last week i was working in Arundel, normally a 10 min drive, it was taking 30 mins, the same for the homeward journey, this week i`m in the beautiful village of Burpham just outside of Arundel and it`s the same, the trouble is there seems to be very little progress and a definite lack of labour force, what with this and major housing developements in the area it has change the landscape completely, the area certainly has change since i was a kid, not for the better, i`m sure this sort of thing is happening in other areas. Rant over.
LA, it's happening everywhere. In Maidenhead, some bright spark on the Council decided to replace a mini-roundabout with three way traffic lights. The queue's are about a mile each way now, with drivers looking for all sorts of alternative routes and clogging up minor roads everywhere else.