The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I have a go on Sporcle most days & this morning have broken my record for naming the countries of the world new record is 69:54 set in the allotted 15 minutes. One of the best apps there is in my opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I have a go on Sporcle most days & this morning have broken my record for naming the countries of the world new record is 69:54 set in the allotted 15 minutes. One of the best apps there is in my opinion.
Agree Sporcle is ridiculously entertaining (it was someone on here that introduced me to it via a quiz about LUFC) and I mostly play in the geography section. At one stage had all the countries, capitals and flags memorized but old age means quite a lot of it is forgotten :roll: :lol:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:I have a go on Sporcle most days & this morning have broken my record for naming the countries of the world new record is 69:54 set in the allotted 15 minutes. One of the best apps there is in my opinion.
Smashed it earlier record now 70:56% :D Don’t know whether or not I’ll beat that.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Yes, quite easily too, although I thought it was Spanish at first :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Apparently the brain doesn't need the letters in the middle of words to be in correct order as long as the first and last ones are.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Is anyone else having problems with their bin collection we’ve not had our garden waste or glass bins emptied in 7 weeks. The reason apparently is a lot of the bin-men have being pinged with the COVID-19 app. Both bins are now rammed, will take bottles to Tesco’s but there’s no sign of any collection anytime soon.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Is anyone else having problems with their bin collection we’ve not had our garden waste or glass bins emptied in 7 weeks. The reason apparently is a lot of the bin-men have being pinged with the COVID-19 app. Both bins are now rammed, will take bottles to Tesco’s but there’s no sign of any collection anytime soon.
Household have been collected but the garden waste has been collected twice in the last 7-8 weeks, i`ve been putting the bin out each day for the last 6 working days and still no collection, we pay £80 a year for garden waste so i hope they will be refunding customers.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yes, no problem. Mind you, I can also read my doctor's prescription.
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

johnh wrote:
Yes, no problem. Mind you, I can also read my doctor's prescription.
That must be from days gone by john as it is not easy to get to see a Doctor these days. :)