The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Yes, no problem. Mind you, I can also read my doctor's prescription.
What's wrong with him? What does he need prescriptions for?
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Ok, after a bit of mindless levity I need to bring in the tragedy. I've been debating whether to mention this or not for some time but today marked the end of a long road and the start of an even longer one.
In April my son, Tom, was diagnosed with stage 4 Adrenal Cancer and Cushings Syndrome. Cushings is a disease that predominantly affects middle-aged/menopausal women. It messes with hormones but 99.99999% of the time any tumour is benign. Tom's wasn't. He probably contracted it in his teenage years when hormones are spinning around like dervishes. He went though 3 rounds of Chemo fairly easily and was due a scan to see how the tumour was. Unfortunately blood tests showed that he wasn't responding. On Friday 30th of July he was admitted to a local hospice and on the 4th of August he passed away in his sleep.
He was 24 years old.
Today was his funeral.
I'm sorry to bring this to you but please be assured that over the last few months this site has been a refuge away from the horrible realities we've been dealing with. Thank you, my friends.
Last edited by Sniffer on 18 Aug 2021, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Bloody hell Sniffer that is truly awful thing to happen, lost for words.
Thoughts very much with you and your family at this terrible time.
Stay strong.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sniffer,

So sorry to hear your tragic news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Remember all the good and happy times you spent with your son.

Stay safe and strong for each other.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Sniffer,

My thoughts and wishes are all with you and your family today.

By taking the decision to write to us on our forum, you have released a tiny pressure valve that you may not have known was there. These little things all help, eventually.

Please take time to think about yourself over the coming weeks and months. It's a very male/parental thing to busy ourselves with looking after others at times like this.
Of course mind those around you, but time for yourself is crucial too.

Mo chomhbhrón ort agus ar do mhuintir. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So sorry to read the above Sniffer, not a lot I can say if I’m honest. Stay strong & if there’s anything you need all you have to do is ask. My thoughts & prayers are with you. God bless.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

So sorry to read the above, words fail me.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sniffer wrote:Ok, after a bit of mindless levity I need to bring in the tragedy. I've been debating whether to mention this or not for some time but today marked the end of a long road and the start of an even longer one.
In April my son, Tom, was diagnosed with stage 4 Adrenal Cancer and Cushings Syndrome. Cushings is a disease that predominantly affects middle-aged/menopausal women. It messes with hormones but 99.99999% of the time any tumour is benign. Tom's wasn't. He probably contracted it in his teenage years when hormones are spinning around like dervishes. He went though 3 rounds of Chemo fairly easily and was due a scan to see how the tumour was. Unfortunately blood tests showed that he wasn't responding. On Friday 30th of July he was admitted to a local hospice and on the 4th of August he passed away in his sleep.
He was 24 years old.
Today was his funeral.
I'm sorry to bring this to you but please be assured that over the last few months this site has been a refuge away from the horrible realities we've been dealing with. Thank you, my friends.
That is terrible news, what an awful time you and yours have had, thanks for sharing. From my own perspective, in times like this I did find some solace on here from many friends and Facebook especially. Also there is Waccoe which has a very helpful thread about Depression which I know for certain has helped many people.

I'm not trying to speak for anyone else but the offer is genuine - if there is anything we can do to help, please just say.

All the best.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Reading this my heart goes out to you Sniffer, we are coming through a close family tragedy ourselves which happened 15 months ago and it has been very tough, you will feel hurt and anger and you will need family and friends, time will help but it never heals completely, like people above have said if you need a chat at anytime i would be happy to help, sincere condolences to you and your family.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Sniffer wrote:Ok, after a bit of mindless levity I need to bring in the tragedy. I've been debating whether to mention this or not for some time but today marked the end of a long road and the start of an even longer one.
He was 24 years old.
Today was his funeral.
Such tragic news Andy, my heartfelt condolences
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....