The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:Arrived home - big relief. Thanks again everyone. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Welcome home :D :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Currently up in the Cairngorms doing a bit of hiking.
Today is last day up here and we did quite a tough 8 mile walk, Muddy and slippy (only fell over once :oops:) with some steep climbs.
Didn't see many people apart a few dog walkers at various points that's until we came across 3 blokes rerouting a footpath as it had collapsed in a stream.

As we approached them one said you're a Leeds fan then (had my Leeds wool hat on) and gave my a salute. Had a short chat and he was from Ilkley but lived in Scotland.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:Currently up in the Cairngorms doing a bit of hiking.
Today is last day up here and we did quite a tough 8 mile walk, Muddy and slippy (only fell over once :oops:) with some steep climbs.
Didn't see many people apart a few dog walkers at various points that's until we came across 3 blokes rerouting a footpath as it had collapsed in a stream.

As we approached them one said you're a Leeds fan then (had my Leeds wool hat on) and gave my a salute. Had a short chat and he was from Ilkley but lived in Scotland.
SW, you do get about. I went to Slough this morning - again. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

:clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:

SW, you do get about. I went to Slough this morning - again. :shock:
We love it John, travel is our passion. Fortunately we now have the time to do it.
Enjoy Slough :shock:
I remember it well :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Coronavirus. Does it come with a lime?

Viruses like this one freak me out more than most negative things in life, even tho there is a small chance of me catching it. I won't catch it will i.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Even over the sea here in the North West there has been some amazing Sunsets recently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51174308
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I would encourage everyone on here to read this article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51263384

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be having radiotherapy in the coming months.

My experience so far has been that people are shocked, upset by mention of the C word. But it really is very common, and absolutely doesn't have to be fatal if treated.

Here's a few random facts from my experience that may help in forming a perspective:

- My condition was detected via a blood test, so no sticking things where you might not want them to be.
- One experienced nurse in urology told me that in eight years only two men, both in their 80's, had the cancer return after radiotherapy
- My level of cancer is fairly mild and, statistically with all other things being equal, I'd live another 11 years (I've just turned 66) if it wasn't treated.

Personally my attitude is that I just have to 'get on with it' and I'm optimistic there will be a positive outcome. In myself I don't feel any different than before, although Mrs MW has commented I'm a bit more grumpy these days, which, honestly, I didn't think was possible :roll:

As an adult it doesn't matter what age you are prostate cancer is a possibility. If this message prompts just one of you to get checked I will be happy to have 'taken one for the team'.

PS: PM me about this if you want
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

mapperleywhite wrote:I would encourage everyone on here to read this article:

I have recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer and will be having radiotherapy in the coming months.

My experience so far has been that people are shocked, upset by mention of the C word. But it really is very common, and absolutely doesn't have to be fatal if treated.

Here's a few random facts from my experience that may help in forming a perspective:

- My condition was detected via a blood test, so no sticking things where you might not want them to be.
- One experienced nurse in urology told me that in eight years only two men, both in their 80's, had the cancer return after radiotherapy
- My level of cancer is fairly mild and, statistically with all other things being equal, I'd live another 11 years (I've just turned 66) if it wasn't treated.

Personally my attitude is that I just have to 'get on with it' and I'm optimistic there will be a positive outcome. In myself I don't feel any different than before, although Mrs MW has commented I'm a bit more grumpy these days, which, honestly, I didn't think was possible :roll:

As an adult it doesn't matter what age you are prostate cancer is a possibility. If this message prompts just one of you to get checked I will be happy to have 'taken one for the team'.

Thanks for posting that MW and good luck with your treatment.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:I would encourage everyone on here to read this article:

Thanks for posting that MW and good luck with your treatment.
100% agree! Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.