The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Just a little interest of mine is having a look at property around the country for sale, if i was in a position to buy a second home in the Leeds area where would you locals recommend ?, say to a value of £200-000.
Others will be better placed to advise than me mate, other than I find the house prices in cities absolutely ridiculous. If I were doing something like that, I’d edge out a little bit to one of the surrounding villages.
Not a Clue on Leeds prices but agree with BB living in a City is getting price daft compared with a few miles down the road.
Depends a lot on what you want, Land, Num of bedrooms, detached, etc.

I always work on the theory its economically better moving north rather than south, get more for your money like for like.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Just a little interest of mine is having a look at property around the country for sale, if i was in a position to buy a second home in the Leeds area where would you locals recommend ?, say to a value of £200-000.
Others will be better placed to advise than me mate, other than I find the house prices in cities absolutely ridiculous. If I were doing something like that, I’d edge out a little bit to one of the surrounding villages.
Not a Clue on Leeds prices but agree with BB living in a City is getting price daft compared with a few miles down the road.

I always work on the theory its economically better moving north rather than south, get more for your money like for like.
Thanks for your replies chaps, the city centre around railway station is going to be popular with HS2 coming but i was just wondering what the surrounding areas were like?
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

Thanks for your replies chaps, the city centre around railway station is going to be popular with HS2 coming but i was just wondering what the surrounding areas were like?
Talking of HS2, it will have a negative effect on some areas that you may have to look into. I have a nephew that lives in Woodlesford and isn't happy about it because they keep changing their minds over certain aspects of the route
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Started playing snooker at the golf club about 3 weeks ago. First game for a year. First game, potted 3 reds (with no colours) then when we got to the colours I got the green and brown. (10 points!). Laid a couple of good snookers but that was about it. Fourth game today. Had a 20 break and a convincing win. Hope it continues as we still haven't played the finals for last years tournament and me and my mate are in the doubles final.
I once played against Don Revie.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Celebrating my birthday with Her Majesty. Happy birthday Ma'am. A day of chilling at home, footie, beer and takeaway. Mrs Cheffy wouldn’t let me cook.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

cheffy007 wrote:Celebrating my birthday with Her Majesty. Happy birthday Ma'am. A day of chilling at home, footie, beer and takeaway. Mrs Cheffy wouldn’t let me cook.
Enjoy Cheffy :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

cheffy007 wrote:Celebrating my birthday with Her Majesty. Happy birthday Ma'am. A day of chilling at home, footie, beer and takeaway. Mrs Cheffy wouldn’t let me cook.
Happy Birthday Steve, have a good one mate :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Happy birthday fella have a great day.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Happy birthday Steve have a great day. :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’m going out shortly to go fly a plane, if anyone sees a plane acting very suspiciously, i.e swaying from side to side, please give me a wave :shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.