The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mr Russell wrote:As some of you are away my daughter has been sick and in hospital, they did loads of tests as they thought menningitis, well thankfully it was not but it was 2 differing viruses that had hold of her. She was recovering and has been allowed to leave the hospital today. They expect a full recovery in about a week. Finally i will get some sleep

Phew !

Glad to hear it, mate - so happy for you :)
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Mr Russell wrote:As some of you are away my daughter has been sick and in hospital, they did loads of tests as they thought menningitis, well thankfully it was not but it was 2 differing viruses that had hold of her. She was recovering and has been allowed to leave the hospital today. They expect a full recovery in about a week. Finally i will get some sleep
Great news Mr R.
Glad to hear it wasn't meningitis. Contracted it when I was 25 years old. 3 weeks in intensive care, and I was one of the lucky ones!
Best of luck going forward to you and your little lady.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Pleased to hear that news! Best wishes.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Excellent news Mr R, pleased to hear it. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

The dangers of this weather has just hit home to me - I'd been watching the big fires around the country on the TV but then this afternoon as I stepped outside the front door there was a smell of burning and a few neighbours wandering in the road trying to establish what was on fire. We eventually traced it to the wood in which our little group of houses is built in. We have a part time fire brigade in the village but they were already out on a call so it took twenty minutes for them to arrive by which time a huge forest fire had sprung up throwing flames and smoke hundreds of feet in the air and threatening to engulf the houses. It now looks, three hours later that the fire service has done an amazing job and got it under control (we had five tenders here from nearby towns) but I dare not think what we might find when we can get into the woods again. Everywhere is tinder dry. Be vigilant folks and pray for rain soon.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:The dangers of this weather has just hit home to me - I'd been watching the big fires around the country on the TV but then this afternoon as I stepped outside the front door there was a smell of burning and a few neighbours wandering in the road trying to establish what was on fire. We eventually traced it to the wood in which our little group of houses is built in. We have a part time fire brigade in the village but they were already out on a call so it took twenty minutes for them to arrive by which time a huge forest fire had sprung up throwing flames and smoke hundreds of feet in the air and threatening to engulf the houses. It now looks, three hours later that the fire service has done an amazing job and got it under control (we had five tenders here from nearby towns) but I dare not think what we might find when we can get into the woods again. Everywhere is tinder dry. Be vigilant folks and pray for rain soon.
Blimey Dave, hope everyone is ok.

We’ve taken a jaunt over to Anglesey, the floor is that hot, our dog wouldn’t walk on it. I had to drive the car down to the beach, so he could get straight onto the much cooler beach.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Thank goodness my friend great news.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Cheers everybody, Yes you are 100% right John, daughters are indeed very special :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:The dangers of this weather has just hit home to me - I'd been watching the big fires around the country on the TV but then this afternoon as I stepped outside the front door there was a smell of burning and a few neighbours wandering in the road trying to establish what was on fire. We eventually traced it to the wood in which our little group of houses is built in. We have a part time fire brigade in the village but they were already out on a call so it took twenty minutes for them to arrive by which time a huge forest fire had sprung up throwing flames and smoke hundreds of feet in the air and threatening to engulf the houses. It now looks, three hours later that the fire service has done an amazing job and got it under control (we had five tenders here from nearby towns) but I dare not think what we might find when we can get into the woods again. Everywhere is tinder dry. Be vigilant folks and pray for rain soon.
Blimey Dave, hope everyone is ok.

We’ve taken a jaunt over to Anglesey, the floor is that hot, our dog wouldn’t walk on it. I had to drive the car down to the beach, so he could get straight onto the much cooler beach.
Had a look this morning and a patch about 50 yards square has gone completely - the fire crew managed to stop it about a yard from the fence of the first house!!!! Everyone OK apart from one fireman who collapsed with heat exhaustion. On the dog front, we have Zinny again this weekend as Mark and his GF have gone away for a couple of days. I had him with me when we were looking for the source of the fire and a neighbour told me off for having him out before 9 pm.... "The pavement is so hot it will burn his paws" she told me and apparently that has been happening in places!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Tarmac melting on the aircraft stands outside our hangar, one damaged tyre and a not too impressed owner who has tar walked all through his planes cream carpet. 1st world problems eh :(
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders