The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just tried to book a home delivery with Tesco, nothing till 4th April.
Yeah, we tried too, got with Sainsbury’s in the end.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just tried to book a home delivery with Tesco, nothing till 4th April.
Just been in a Morrisons, queues at check out were ridiculous with all the overloaded trolleys.

Only wanted milk so self check out was fine.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Sainsbury’s the same here, let the daughter know in Northampton & she’s tried but again a minimum of 3 weeks. Absolute madness. Popped to Little Tesco awhile back, all was good but the queues in Lidl were incredible.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Just been in a Morrisons, queues at check out were ridiculous with all the overloaded trolleys.

We never go to supermarkets now, other than picking up the odd bit, we’ve shopped online for years, it’s cheaper, easier and much less time consuming.

It won’t help it’s the weekend and all the panic buying is multiplied by those off work.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Sainsbury’s the same here, let the daughter know in Northampton & she’s tried but again a minimum of 3 weeks. Absolute madness. Popped to Little Tesco awhile back, all was good but the queues in Lidl were incredible.
It’s boom time for the supermarkets, which will have a knock on effect to the little corner shops who sweep up the customers who can’t get what they want or can’t be bothered with the queues.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Somewhere I bet there's a Bobby Axelrod making a load of dirty millions out of this.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There’s talk of people like my wife & I possibly having to self isolate for possibly 4 months, where does the food come from when there’s no home delivery available ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:

We never go to supermarkets now, other than picking up the odd bit, we’ve shopped online for years, it’s cheaper, easier and much less time consuming.

It won’t help it’s the weekend and all the panic buying is multiplied by those off work.
Wasn't our local Morrisons as we are down south house sitting (and looking after a dog).
Had to nip out to get the car filled ready for journey home tomoz, decided to pop in for milk for my coffee wish I hadn't it was manic.

To be fair we do go to supermarkets at home but pick quiet periods if we can.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

My last radiotherapy session was today - wow, how those three weeks have flown by. In about 12 weeks I'll have another blood test to determine if the treatment has been successful.

The only real side-effects - and I'm phrasing conscious that this is a family friendly forum - are close to the area that has been irradiated.

It has been very noticable this week that the hospital is a LOT less busy than previously. They are minimizing the number of people allowed to enter the premises, so, for example, Mrs MW has been unable to come with me.

I cannot praise enough the people who have attended to me who found the right combination of personability and professionalism. Absolute top marks City Hospital Nottingham :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

All the best with it all MW, keeping fingers and everything else crossed for you :thumbup: