The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Lovely cryptic clue in today’s Telegraph.

Big splash in Africa, possible headline after royal stumble (8-5) :D
My favourite place on the entire planet :)

So privileged to have been there while the country was still working :problem:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:That reminded me I hadn't checked out how Brexit was going to do to my https://www.portugalvineyards.com/en/ account :crazy:

Happy to say there's no change so just ordered 18 bottles for £61 delivered. I was running a bit low :D

Was on watchdog this week that people were been charged import duty by the courier afterwards (not expected as not from who they bought from) when ordering from the EU.
Not sure if NI is different rules but think its only on orders over £135 so we'll in that.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Lovely cryptic clue in today’s Telegraph.

Big splash in Africa, possible headline after royal stumble (8-5) :D
My favourite place on the entire planet :)

So privileged to have been there while the country was still working :problem:
Thought it was a great clue, not been myself ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:That reminded me I hadn't checked out how Brexit was going to do to my https://www.portugalvineyards.com/en/ account :crazy:

Happy to say there's no change so just ordered 18 bottles for £61 delivered. I was running a bit low :D

Was on watchdog this week that people were been charged import duty by the courier afterwards (not expected as not from who they bought from) when ordering from the EU.
Not sure if NI is different rules but think its only on orders over £135 so we'll in that.
Hmm, will let you know the outcome :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:

I successfully ordered from PV last year. Earlier this month I got an e-mail from them explaining in substantial detail how Brexit would affect their landed prices in the UK. They made it clear that UK duty would be payable upon delivery.

So I'm interested to know what happens Davy.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:

I successfully ordered from PV last year. Earlier this month I got an e-mail from them explaining in substantial detail how Brexit would affect their landed prices in the UK. They made it clear that UK duty would be payable upon delivery.

Ah well, will be interesting indeed to see if it still works out better value. May have have to talk nicely to some southern friends lol.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Ah well, will be interesting indeed to see if it still works out better value. May have have to talk nicely to some southern friends lol.
Davy, if your southern friends come up trumps, then invest in a rowing boat and you can deliver to us. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Had a letter this morning informing me my pension is to rise by £4:31 a week, what am I going to spend all this extra cash on :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had a letter this morning informing me my pension is to rise by £4:31 a week, what am I going to spend all this extra cash on :roll:
it's a lot better than the 25p that Gordon Brown once gave us. :shock:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Went to the airing cupboard to get something and seeing the light on the immersion heater switch reminded me. (I should explain that our central heating provides the hot water but we have a back-up immersion heater which we leave on 24/7.) My memory took me back to the early 1950's when we lived in Leeds. My dad had a phobia about the immersion heater (no central heating). He had this notion that it was the most expensive luxury in the world to run. Next to the immersion heater switch, he had an alarm clock and we were allowed to have the immersion on for, from memory, 20 minutes. Then the alarm went off and dad was up like a rocket to turn the immersion switch off. I remember that bath's used to consist of about 3 inches of water before the tap ran cold! :shock: Those were the days - not.