Decided to treat ourselves with tomorrow’s Tesco delivery

http://www.littlemoons.co.uk

They’re getting rave reviews.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

The sports field at back of our garden has been really badly flooded lately to the degree all the area gardens are all getting flooded, mainly the borders and parts of our lawn but suspect we will lose a few plants.
I'd put it down to the weather but taking to a friend who lives up the road who has had to get a pump to clear his garden its to do with a drainage dyke backing up, its supposed to drain into the town drains apparently. He's had North Yorkshire council officials out to look today.

Long story but the drain runs through some garden down the road and he's in dispute about it and the council had money available to divert it last year but then spent it elsewhere. I don't know the bloke personally but apparently he's a bit of a "rebel without a cause" also been objecting to the football club using the sports field and rumour as it he's deliberately blocked the drain (apparently did similar years ago before I lived here).
When the football club took the field someone kept chopping their locks off the gate, then later super glued them, the football manager couldn't prove who but lets say had thought on it.
If that turns out true that the dyke has been blocked deliberately I'll be having a few words and asking for compensation for any plants we've lost.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

That is pathetic, i imagine SW that the sports field has had sport played there long before this fellow moved to the area, bugs me that people like that move to an area and then start moaning about what is taking place there.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

There's always one that is a plonker (edited original name) Should be made to cover the cost of sorting it out if proved it was him.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:That is pathetic, i imagine SW that the sports field has had sport played there long before this fellow moved to the area, bugs me that people like that move to an area and then start moaning about what is taking place there.
Been a Sports field for as long as I remember, I recall playing on it for our local junior team (50 years ago) when I lived at other end of town.

Since I've lived down here it was initially used by a local Junior team but was the taken over by a Rugby League Club who installed floodlights, they ran both senior and junior teams. The Local Ladies team trained there also.
They moved about 5 years back think lack of volunteers to do the work so handed it back to the council. It became overgrown and dog walkers started using it.
Anyway a couple of years back another local club whose current pitches are overused took it on and got it all cleaned up and before they could play the travelling community decided to set up camp (happened 3 times) but got everything sorted including security fencing then Covid struck and they have still not played on it.
Because they are having kids play on the pitch they put signs up to stop dog walkers as basically people were not cleaning up and dog **** isn't what you want on a pitch. It isn't as though there isn't plenty of dog walking routes around here. Think that's where this blokes issues started as he walks his dog on it, until he got stopped.

Personally the vast majority to see the field used as a sports venue, not only can i watch over by back fence or have a wander round its a fear looking what every empty field around here seems to suffer ending up as a new housing estate. Saying that apparently its written in some rules that it can't be used for building as its part of the green belt between Selby & Brayton. But trust local council, no chance.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:There's always one that is a plonker (edited original name) Should be made to cover the cost of sorting it out if proved it was him.
Just got fingers crossed as we bought quite a few plants this year which have been stood in water and ice for over two weeks now.
Hope most survive as we spent a fair amount of money on the garden this year with covid.

Part of the flooding is my rose garden and veg plot which should be both ok (well veg plot is just prepared for this years planting so need it sorting before then).
But Cathy put in a herb garden with about 15 different herbs which as been flooded along with many plants in the borders.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:That is pathetic, i imagine SW that the sports field has had sport played there long before this fellow moved to the area, bugs me that people like that move to an area and then start moaning about what is taking place there.
Been a Sports field for as long as I remember, I recall playing on it for our local junior team (50 years ago) when I lived at other end of town.

Since I've lived down here it was initially used by a local Junior team but was the taken over by a Rugby League Club who installed floodlights, they ran both senior and junior teams. The Local Ladies team trained there also.
They moved about 5 years back think lack of volunteers to do the work so handed it back to the council. It became overgrown and dog walkers started using it.
Anyway a couple of years back another local club whose current pitches are overused took it on and got it all cleaned up and before they could play the travelling community decided to set up camp (happened 3 times) but got everything sorted including security fencing then Covid struck and they have still not played on it.
Because they are having kids play on the pitch they put signs up to stop dog walkers as basically people were not cleaning up and dog **** isn't what you want on a pitch. It isn't as though there isn't plenty of dog walking routes around here. Think that's where this blokes issues started as he walks his dog on it, until he got stopped.

Personally the vast majority to see the field used as a sports venue, not only can i watch over by back fence or have a wander round its a fear looking what every empty field around here seems to suffer ending up as a new housing estate. Saying that apparently its written in some rules that it can't be used for building as its part of the green belt between Selby & Brayton. But trust local council, no chance.
We are the same as you SW, there are 3 pitches at the back of us, all intermediate level but it is nice to wander out and watch a game, obviously it is not happening at the moment.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As a true Yorkshire man I’ve just phoned our local florist ( from our garage :roll: ) as every year I get my wife a bouquet of flowers the day after Valentines Day, usually get a nice mix as they have some extra stock they want shot of. Anyway to cut to the chase they’re closed due to COVID-19. I’m really surprised if I’m honest as some many things seem normal, Amazon, Tesco etc. Oh! well I’m £35 the richer.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Not happy with my motor insurer. (AVIVA). Unlike some insurers, they have not offered a discount due to lower lock-down mileages. (I have done less than 1,000 miles this last year) Just got my renewal quote and they have increased the premium by 40% (5,000 miles p.a. 12 years no claims). They have also implemented a crafty increase by saying that 'the quote includes the usual discount for paying on-line'. Just spent the best part of about 45 minutes on the 'Go Compare' website and have saved £300. Plus being able to stick 2 fingers up to Aviva. :thumbup: (I said two fingers!) :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Not happy with my motor insurer. (AVIVA). Unlike some insurers, they have not offered a discount due to lower lock-down mileages. (I have done less than 1,000 miles this last year) Just got my renewal quote and they have increased the premium by 40% (5,000 miles p.a. 12 years no claims). They have also implemented a crafty increase by saying that 'the quote includes the usual discount for paying on-line'. Just spent the best part of about 45 minutes on the 'Go Compare' website and have saved £300. Plus being able to stick 2 fingers up to Aviva. :thumbup: (I said two fingers!) :D
As you may know Sir John, I worked in the insurance industry for 28 years, although I did large companies insurance requirements rather than private car insurance.

You’ve already done what I would have recommended in using Go Compare, not just for the financial saving, but the fact that they are currently offering the excess refund. Most people take a £100 excess, if you voluntarily increase that excess the premium reduces. Go Compare currently offer to pay refund your excess if you have a claim up to £250, so if you take a £250 excess on your policy, you get a reduced premium and Go Compare refund your excess anyway. No brainer :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.