The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Had my CT scan yesterday at the newly opened Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot. The last CT scan I had was several years ago at the Royal Berks in Reading. The unit was in the back of a lorry in the car park. Yesterday, the room where the unit was was like being on the Star Ship Enterprise in Star Trek. Mega impressed. Also, I was called exactly on time and was back out in 15 minutes.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Don't forget today's the last day before the energy prices rocket.
Anyone on a variable contract should take a reading and send to your supplier or you are trusting the estimate to favour today's rate.
Otherwise you may find you are paying for gas & electric you have used this month at tomorrow's rates.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had a tidy and found a 1920 large silk cigarette card of a Leeds United player have no idea where I’ve bought it. Just had a look on t’net and it’s worth £50-80 . Now where did I get it from :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just had a tidy and found a 1920 large silk cigarette card of a Leeds United player have no idea where I’ve bought it. Just had a look on t’net and it’s worth £50-80 . Now where did I get it from :roll:
Didn't you borrow it from me? :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our son in law is a self employed chauffeur he’s currently at Gatwick waiting to pick up a couple returning from a holiday in Jamaica one small problem they’ve been diverted to Tenerife so looks like he’s going to take up plane spotting as he’s going to be there for a long time.

They’ve not been diverted to Tenerife it’s Terceira island in the Azores :roll:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Our son in law is a self employed chauffeur he’s currently at Gatwick waiting to pick up a couple returning from a holiday in Jamaica one small problem they’ve been diverted to Tenerife so looks like he’s going to take up plane spotting as he’s going to be there for a long time.

They’ve not been diverted to Tenerife it’s Terceira island in the Azores :roll:
The flight was due to land at 09:40 it’s now expected at 23:25 :shock:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Had an MRI scan yesterday not an experience I can say I enjoyed particularly as I’m a little claustrophobic. I did hit the buzzer as the top got lower but the radiologist said hang in there just 2 minutes to go. I hung in but only just.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Had an MRI scan yesterday not an experience I can say I enjoyed particularly as I’m a little claustrophobic. I did hit the buzzer as the top got lower but the radiologist said hang in there just 2 minutes to go. I hung in but only just.
I’m at the dentists today for a ‘big filling’ (his words)

As mentioned previously, I’m scared of needles so have fillings and teeth out without anaesthetic. Unfortunately, my usual dentist is off at the moment for personal reasons, so I’m seeing a different one. I’m hoping he’ll do it without anaesthetic otherwise he will have a quivering wreck in his chair.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Had an MRI scan yesterday not an experience I can say I enjoyed particularly as I’m a little claustrophobic. I did hit the buzzer as the top got lower but the radiologist said hang in there just 2 minutes to go. I hung in but only just.
I’m at the dentists today for a ‘big filling’ (his words)

As mentioned previously, I’m scared of needles so have fillings and teeth out without anaesthetic. Unfortunately, my usual dentist is off at the moment for personal reasons, so I’m seeing a different one. I’m hoping he’ll do it without anaesthetic otherwise he will have a quivering wreck in his chair.
Ouch, can't imagine having it without the needle.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
I’m hoping he’ll do it without anaesthetic otherwise he will have a quivering wreck in his chair.
Is his name Lawrence Olivier by chance?