The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

I see Wokingham (just up the road from us) has been voted the healthiest place in Britain. Windsor & Maidenhead, where I am, was 3rd. I knew my diet of sausages, chips and beans was a winner.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

One job leads to another.

Bedroom painting finished and to do the skirting cut the carpets back to do it all as we are getting new carpets (when they reopen).
Anyway discovered the floor boards dropped in one corner so investigated thinking it would somehow need packing, nope found some joists in poor condition, now needs complete new floor :crazy:

Found a builder who is doing emergency repairs and prepared to do it, needs doing asap and he is planning it in for a week on saturday. Covid wise will just allow him access to that room and we live in others for duration of job, in fact with some floor boards now up its out of bounds from now.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Decided on Sunday to clear out two sheds, one that was a health and safety risk just opening the door. I have no idea how I gather up so much clutter every winter. Anyway half way through felt a dreaded twinge in my back but as everything was pulled out and lying about I carried on. Three trips to the council tip and one trip over a step later the back finally gave up. Spent Sunday to yesterday flat on the floor all day and nights. Returned to work today but will be a week at best before it's normal again. I say it everytime, Feel that twinge and stop..... but I never do.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Decided on Sunday to clear out two sheds, one that was a health and safety risk just opening the door. I have no idea how I gather up so much clutter every winter. Anyway half way through felt a dreaded twinge in my back but as everything was pulled out and lying about I carried on. Three trips to the council tip and one trip over a step later the back finally gave up. Spent Sunday to yesterday flat on the floor all day and nights. Returned to work today but will be a week at best before it's normal again. I say it everytime, Feel that twinge and stop..... but I never do.
I can sympathise Davy. I have got a back 'twinge' at the moment but there is no danger of me 'doing anything' and making it worse, as I don't 'do anything' anyway. Plenty of rest they say, which is my excuse. :thumbup:
Take care.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just been to the council recycle depot to dump some rubbish.
As we left we decided to call in Home Bargains as it's close and we needed a few things they sell.
Anyway ended up filling a hand basket and had just put it all on the conveyor at the till.
Felt my pocket and realised I didn't have my wallet with me so said to Mrs SW you will have to pay.
Of course she replied "I've not got mine with me we were only going to the skips" :oops:

Had to leave Mrs SW there as guarantee while I drove home for my card. :crazy:

Must go back later ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Just been to the council recycle depot to dump some rubbish.
As we left we decided to call in Home Bargains as it's close and we needed a few things they sell.
Anyway ended up filling a hand basket and had just put it all on the conveyor at the till.
Felt my pocket and realised I didn't have my wallet with me so said to Mrs SW you will have to pay.
Of course she replied "I've not got mine with me we were only going to the skips" :oops:

Must go back later ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Must go back later ;)

:clap: :clap: :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Must go back later ;)
When you need your dinner.:lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

All the posts about Covid vaccinations reminded me. In my second week of National Service, we were marched down to the medical centre and received about 6 jabs. This was late afternoon and we were told that we would be 'off duty' for the rest of the day. (No one refused the jab. :lol:) Next morning, sore arms or not, we were woken up at 5.30am as usual. Our 'alarm clock' was our sergeant with a pick-axe handle who marched round the barrack room smacking it down hard on the iron bed rail, about a foot from your head. Rifle drill with a sore arm was character building! Then, several months later, if you were posted abroad then another several jabs! :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:All the posts about Covid vaccinations reminded me. In my second week of National Service, we were marched down to the medical centre and received about 6 jabs. This was late afternoon and we were told that we would be 'off duty' for the rest of the day. (No one refused the jab. :lol:) Next morning, sore arms or not, we were woken up at 5.30am as usual. Our 'alarm clock' was our sergeant with a pick-axe handle who marched round the barrack room smacking it down hard on the iron bed rail, about a foot from your head. Rifle drill with a sore arm was character building! Then, several months later, if you were posted abroad then another several jabs! :D
There is literally zero chance of me getting 6 jabs in one go.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.