The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Who was it that said a broken clock is always right twice?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Who was it that said a broken clock is always right twice?
Apparently, the correct quote is 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'. It is attributed to several people but favourite is the Austrian writer Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Who was it that said a broken clock is always right twice?
Apparently, the correct quote is 'even a stopped clock is right twice a day'.

As said by Marlow (played by Paul McGann) in Withnail and I. A truly wonderful film. :)

It is attributed to several people but favourite is the Austrian writer Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Barlow Boy wrote:The forum clock is correct again :P
Bizarrely my forum clock is an hour fast again. As is my car clock. Clearly a different time zone here in the South-West. :roll:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sniffer wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:The forum clock is correct again :P
Bizarrely my forum clock is an hour fast again. As is my car clock. Clearly a different time zone here in the South-West. :roll:
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It’s my 54th anniversary as a Leeds fan today. November 4th 1967 blooming heck I’ve had more than my fair share of ups & downs all part of the rich tapestry of becoming a Leeds fan :D
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:It’s my 54th anniversary as a Leeds fan today. November 4th 1967 blooming heck I’ve had more than my fair share of ups & downs all part of the rich tapestry of becoming a Leeds fan :D
Wow, that got me thinking... I'm 40 years this year. Don't know the exact date, but it was early in the 81/82 relegation season. Great start :crazy:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:It’s my 54th anniversary as a Leeds fan today. November 4th 1967 blooming heck I’ve had more than my fair share of ups & downs all part of the rich tapestry of becoming a Leeds fan :D
Congratulations NW. I can't pin down an exact date when I got the bug other than know that I got it in about 1968................. ;)
Keep The Faith / WAL
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

:clap:

Congratulations!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.