The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from a trip to Tescos in Chilwell on the outskirts of Nottingham and parked the car up and when I got out realised we had parked next to a black Polo and low and behold it has a Leeds badge on the back window, the same as us. What are the chances of that happening I wonder ?
Winner of the Europa League
frank
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by frank »

Currently at work for a project in Malaysia (Work for an international IT Company and we do System Integrations for International companies).

Now you guys might think that's nice but really it's not. Already the 3rd time I'm up here and after the first time (which was good) and the second time (which was ok) this time it's really bad. Currently in the after / hyper care of the IT project but as there are no issues I have nothing to do (really nothing, ok I'm lying, I had 1 email so far today (in 3 hours)). Next to that all workmates from the International team are leaving today but I'm staying a little bit longer (so no one to hang around with in the weekend).

Also the fact that I had to go here just one day after I got back from a 4 week holiday makes things really bad. Basicly flew back from Thailand (my holiday destination) and arrived Sunday evening in Amsterdam (where I live) and Monday evening I was already back on the plane to Asia!!!

Anyway, just spilling my frustations (it really helps hehe). Good news is I will be going back already Tuesday next week.

PS: This is a longshot but any Leeds fans from this forum in Kuala Lumpur and want to hang out (for a few pints) in the weekend?!?!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Frank I'm just making a few enquires as to if there is a bar in KL that will be showing the game tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be in the company of other Leeds fans for the game. Hope this helps.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Frank

I know it's no consolation but I was out there for two years (1955-57) when I was doing National Service. :D (No trips home either).
I once played against Don Revie.
frank

Post by frank »

Thanks guys! Of course there is an Irish / English pub (not sure which one) so will be wachting some EPL there (it's the one underneath the Petronas towers). Not sure if Leeds will be on but you never know.

@Johnh: 55-57, that's really a long time ago. I bet things are way different now heh.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Frank If you haven't been already, try and get up to the Cameron Highlands - really good experience. When I was there you could only travel about in armoured convoys due to the emergency. Always had to carry a loaded gun. I was mostly in Singapore but was also based in Kluang in north Johore Bahru. Spent some time in Penang too.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

frank wrote:Thanks guys! Of course there is an Irish / English pub (not sure which one) so will be wachting some EPL there (it's the one underneath the Petronas towers). Not sure if Leeds will be on but you never know.

@Johnh: 55-57, that's really a long time ago. I bet things are way different now heh.
If I hear back from KL I'll post on here where they are meeting.
frank

Post by frank »

SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Got my GCSE results today:
1 A* (Maths), 4 As (Physics, Eng Lit, Media, RE (of which I did last year)), 4 Bs (Eng Lang, History, Chemistry, Biology) and 1 C (Art).
Overall, I'm pretty happy. I'm not doing Maths at A-Level, by the way, as I needed a maths tutor to get above a C and I can't go through another year or two of maths tuition.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SiMamu wrote:Got my GCSE results today:
1 A* (Maths), 4 As (Physics, Eng Lit, Media, RE (of which I did last year)), 4 Bs (Eng Lang, History, Chemistry, Biology) and 1 C (Art).
Overall, I'm pretty happy. I'm not doing Maths at A-Level, by the way, as I needed a maths tutor to get above a C and I can't go through another year or two of maths tuition.

Backs up the theory that exams are getting easier :lol:

Only joking, well done some tough subjects there.

Don't blame you on the Maths, did advanced maths and college many years ago and it was torture.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.