The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Congratulations Mapp. Make the most of it, he will be starting his first day at school before you know it! My oldest grandchild is 23 this year. She is in her final year at Uni studying dentistry. With a bit of luck I will be able to sport a flashing smile 'on the cheap'. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just before Christmas we or I should say Tracey took in a wee10 week old kitten, who she named Mollie. She was the runt of the litter absolutely tiny and was being given away. So a vet visit was required for a check up, insurance was taken out litter tray, carrying box etc bought as well as Pets At Home's complete stock of cat toys. Shes since been spayed wormed had a course of flea and parasite treatment and also micro chipped. The free kitten has now cost more than my last car.
Being a dog man I have to say she is absolutely the opposite of what I expected typically mad as a bag of frogs loves attention and follows everyone around the house, I draw the line at allowing her into the bathroom with me (just something wrong there) but she tries to get in. Always uses her litter tray from day one, never been an accident, not once.

My only issue is timing....... For five or six years I've had nest boxes up for Blue Tits etc without any joy (always thought it was something to do with having an aviary in the garden. Took the aviary down last summer and now this http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... 73#p155573
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Haha !
She'd have a field day with my bonce if she loves to lick the bald bits :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Haha !
She'd have a field day with my bonce if she loves to lick the bald bits :D
Yep, mate shaves his bonce and she goes straight for his.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

I think it's the salt from the sweat we naturally excrete.
That's why dogs lick hands, I guess.
I know my friend's chocolate lab absolutely adores my whole head :

PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Got mesen a Euromillions ticket yesterday with it being a mega rollover anorl. :o
Woman in Morrisons 'promised' me it was a winning ticket! :P
And guess what? Not one correct number!! :roll:
£2.50p it cost me anorl! :cry:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Davycc wrote:Getting there, cable for sky in place just awaiting the splitter box then cool boxes to source for beer for Sunday.

Latest addition

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Was away last weekend competing in the Western Masters Table Tennis tournament near Bristol. Its on the Veterans circuit which is for players over 40 years of age with various age groups above that (I competed in the over 40's, 50's and also my first ever 60's).

Was around 300 players from all over Britain in the event which is a real logistic operation with 32 tables in two halls been used for two days.

I had a decent tournament qualifying for the main draw rather than the plate in all 3 events I entered although that made for some hard Sunday games, total played 13 matches winning 9 and losing 4. Still think could have gone at least a round further in each event (one disappointing performance and two losing by the narrowest margin over 5 sets), next time for sure.

Still love the weekends away allows me to catch up with many friends I've made over the years, its got a good social side which includes nice meals out and plenty of wine.

ps: This is one of the Halls used only posted it because I'm on it (just) :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Wow !
Imagine how many Subbuteo tables you could set up in there :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Wow !
Imagine how many Subbuteo tables you could set up in there :D
When growing up a kid on our estate organised a subbuteo league and got about 30 players, was split into divisions and you visited each others houses to play matches. Ran for about 3 or 4 years until most of us left school.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.