The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

I hate shopping. Went in the butchers this morning, pleased to see there was only one customer ahead of me. She bought up the shop but in small amounts. ie 2 rashers of bacon, small amount of mince etc., The total came to £37 ( which gives you an idea how many different items she bought) She then paid with a £20 note with the balance in coins. Took ages to count it out. Wouldn't mind if it was a poor pensioner but it was a middle-aged, well dressed woman. Almost lost the will to live. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

mapperleywhite wrote:A bit late but thank you so much to everyone for their good wishes both in this thread and PM's, it really does mean a lot.

I'd just like to point out a couple of things. Prostate cancer can be detected via a simple blood test at your GP, so not a big deal really. Whilst it is a cancer that develops slowly it is important to catch it before it spreads through the bones to other parts of the body where the outcomes can be much more difficut to treat and, of course, potentially fatal.

I will keep you posted about progress. The radiotherapy is scheduled for March, but at the moment I'm having hormone treatment which shrinks the prostate and makes the cancer easier to target. As I mentioned this does make me slightly more irritable and also has made me put on weight, something I REALLY could do wiithout :roll: :roll: :roll:

But overall in myself I don't feel any different to before and I'm enjoyng a good level of support, especially daughter dear who is a nurse.
Good luck with it Mapp and thanks for sharing and raising awareness on the issue.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:I hate shopping. Went in the butchers this morning, pleased to see there was only one customer ahead of me. She bought up the shop but in small amounts. ie 2 rashers of bacon, small amount of mince etc., The total came to £37 ( which gives you an idea how many different items she bought) She then paid with a £20 note with the balance in coins. Took ages to count it out. Wouldn't mind if it was a poor pensioner but it was a middle-aged, well dressed woman. Almost lost the will to live. :shock:

Cracking movie for you, John :wave:

johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Those grumpy old men don't know what 'grumpy' is. :wtf: :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:Those grumpy old men don't know what 'grumpy' is. :wtf: :lol:
You should've been their artistic consultant for that picture :D
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Today my step son got out of hospital after two and a half weeks been in there. It's been a pretty difficult time of it for us as a family if the truth be known, emotionally, mentally etc.

About a month ago my son was coughing quiet a bit and expressing he was having pains in his back and chest along with shortness of breath, so we took him to the doctors and the doctor prescribed him some antibiotics which we had him take for what the doctor called a slight pneumonia issue. The medication at first seemed to work as the pains eased but the coughing remained. He went back to his normal routine of school and friends etc we thought it would be fine.

He finished his prescription and the day after they were gone the pains returned and with more fervor. We took him back to the surgery which is in the hospital grounds and he prescribed a higher dose of antibiotics. I said while we're here we might as well get an x-ray done also just to be sure. (doctor never even suggested getting one done). Lazy doctoring in my opinion or a scam to make you keep coming back so he can raise his doctors fees and medication profits.

X-ray was done and they said to go home and await the results. While waiting for the doctors call my son started feeling very bad and the searing pain was evident in how greyish he looked. We rushed him to the hospital they took him in to surgery straight away his first lung had collapsed and the second wasn't looking so well. I demanded that the x-ray done earlier that day be looked at first as the doctor was there but forgot to call us. (I was pretty annoyed at that doctor that night, fists clenched ready to smack him)

All in all after the operation was done and he was in recovery mode two days later his second lung collapsed and another emergency op had to be done. his first lung wasn't healed enough at that stage to maintain his own breathing so he had to be given air through a ventilator machine. My wife was beside herself as i was. The pain my boy went through twice in both operations having a half inch tube inserted through his side to each lung was the hardest screams iv'e ever heard anyone go through as they can't sedate the area near the heart it was calipers and hose being pushed through and clipping of anything along the way. That was the worst part of it all as we were told it was touch and go.....

Thank God or the light bulb, but he pulled through and had a procedure done a week later called Pleurodesis which is where they add a chemical to your lungs to connect it to your chest wall, that was painful for about 24 hours and after that he was in recovery mode for another week and today finally given the go ahead to finally go home.

Were all delighted he's finally home and recovering as well as can be, he's still on medication for the lungs to build up stregnth and he's continuing his breathing exercises etc, but, I am so drained in every way. emotionally, physically mentally and financially too as it cost an arm and a leg (not literally) I had just recently started with a new job and that had to be put on hold while he was in hospital.
Deleted User 728

Blimey.
Makes you think, doesn't it ?
I'm glad he's on the mend, mate - it certainly puts football in perspective, doesn't it ?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Such an awful experience CW both mentally and physically for your family, glad he's turned the corner and is on the mend. Hope the new job works out for you.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Glad he sorted in time and is on the road to recovery and hope your lives soon get back to some kind of normality.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Ah Corky, the poor little man certainly deserves all our good wishes. Well done him and chin up to you parents. Tough time, but the worst is behind you now. MOT!!!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay