The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by johnh »

Had a great day today. Eldest son, daughter in law and grandson came down from Nottingham. Also eldest daughter from London. First time we had seen grandson for a year.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Had a great day today. Eldest son, daughter in law and grandson came down from Nottingham. Also eldest daughter from London. First time we had seen grandson for a year.
Great to hear John, things getting slowly back to normal. I'm sure you had a great day.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Had a great day today. Eldest son, daughter in law and grandson came down from Nottingham. Also eldest daughter from London. First time we had seen grandson for a year.
Great to hear John, things getting slowly back to normal. I'm sure you had a great day.
Thanks Davy, yes we had a great day. Lovely lunch at the Shire Horse (just outside Maidenhead) topped off by a test match win and an Everton win. :thumbup: A Leeds win this afternoon will make it a brilliant week-end.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

For any carnivores on here this is worth a look www.bradysbutchers.co.uk
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just back from a day out with my wife at Goodwood races followed by a Sunday pub roast at a nearby Clymping, it was a treat from my wife for my birthday tomorrow, came away £30 up, happy days.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Back in mid June we sadly had to say goodbye to our loyal dog of 13 years, a beautiful Staffie / Lab cross called Elvis. We were absolutely devastated and with everything else going on decided that we would take stock and not rush into getting another dog. That only lasted about a month before we both saw a very cute Beagle / Cocker Spaniel cross for sale, although we'd both secretly been looking at puppies for sale for a couple of weeks. So now we've had Bailey for 5 weeks and he's settled in nicely. We soon got him toilet trained and to respond to basic commands and his name. He's due to start at a puppy training class in a fortnight which hopefully will help him get over the nipping and biting which is really his only fault at the moment, although that is usually the case with most puppies if I remember correctly.

There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

So hard when you loose a dog and I think we all say something along the lines of "no more dogs" or We'll wait a while before getting another"

He gorgeous BW, he'll be full of energy with that mix in him. The carpet shark in him will soon go and yes you remember right it's a puppy thing :D Just distract him with something he can chew when he does it and a gentle "NO" won't hurt either but then I'm sure you know all this.

Have fun with the pup they grow up so quickly.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Cracking looking pup BW. As Davy said, sounds like a lively cross. I know from experience that Spaniels are busy. Best of luck with him.

We have a 2 year old Golden Lab, Hugo. Currently looking for new pup to keep him company when we're out of the house. Hard to get though. I don't really want to spend money after buying Hugo, but there are over a thousand families on the waiting lists in Rep of Ireland for re-homing abandoned dogs.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nearly threw radio out this morning as think it's broken the weather forecast said the only sunny place would be Northern Ireland. :shock:
Can you confirm this is not true Davy :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.