The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Mrs B purchased a helicopter flying lesson for me as a Christmas present, unless the weather/wind take an unlikely turn for the worse, then I am doing this tomorrow.

If you don’t hear from me after 14.00 hours tomorrow, then there is a good chance I may have perished.

Bon Voyage :(
As an aviation Safety and Compliance Manager can I just say...

Rather you than me mate :thumbup:

:D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

One thing I have made certain I never do - go up in a helicopter. They don"t glide very well.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:One thing I have made certain I never do - go up in a helicopter. They don"t glide very well.
Not one bit John. Bit like sitting under a massive food blender .... sorry BB
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Mrs B purchased a helicopter flying lesson for me as a Christmas present, unless the weather/wind take an unlikely turn for the worse, then I am doing this tomorrow.

If you don’t hear from me after 14.00 hours tomorrow, then there is a good chance I may have perished.

Enjoy yourself mate. That's a fantastic present, and if you enjoy it a lot maybe you could get a few more lessons.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Have Fun :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:

Just wondering if Mrs BB misunderstood at Christmas when you wished for a big chopper. :oops:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks for your good wishes fellas, heading off shortly.

See you all later, hopefully :cry:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Thanks for your good wishes fellas, heading off shortly.

See you all later, hopefully :cry:
Hope you had a great day, they are a wonderful way to travel :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Have you done it Kev?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Yes Dave, just got back now.

I’ve done various experiences, driving several fast cars, trucks etc, but nothing comes close to what I did today. Absolutely incredible experience.

After watching a brief video, me and the other two lads are taken to the embarking area. We all get in (me in the rear at this point) put our headphones on and the pilot tells you what all the instruments do etc. He says, all you need to do is increase/decrease speed and turn left/right, I’ll control the pedals.

He then says to the lad in the front, go on then it’s all yours :shock: :shock:. The lad did well to be fair, takes off, we climb to 2,000 feet, and does a circuit of the airfield. The pilot asks me what I’d like to see (which we’d been pre-warned about) so I say the Etihad stadium. The pilot gives the lad instructions, and we fly over the Etihad, stunning and I mean stunning views. The lad then takes us back to the airfield, practices a hover and then lands.

We all then swap seats, and it’s my turn to fly. The pilot does his bit, increasing the speed of the rotar blades and hands me the controls. I did a bit of a nosedive take off (if that makes sense) but got the hang of it very quickly. Amazing feeling flying an aircraft (albeit a small one), but the steering is so sensitive, you literally do it with your thumb and first finger with your elbow resting in your knee. Typically, the lad behind me, when asked by the pilot where he wants to go, says Old Trafford :evil:, so I fly us over Old Trafford then back over the airfield for hovering and landing.

Long winded post, but I’m still absolutely buzzing, what an experience that was, incredible.