The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:The last post I remember for Aussie Elland Road (some years ago) was that he was starting a tour around Oz with his family. I recall he said something about Tasmania.
Yeah John he did but I think he actually posted about it when he returned.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just mowed the lawn at the back. Do the front tomorrow. Definitely the last cut!
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:Just mowed the lawn at the back. Do the front tomorrow. Definitely the last cut!
Not a Floyd fan then, John ?? :wave:

Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Just mowed the lawn at the back. Do the front tomorrow. Definitely the last cut!
Not a Floyd fan then, John ?? :wave:

I don't suppose it will be as deep a cut as the first one.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sniffer wrote: I don't suppose it will be as deep a cut as the first one.
Baby, I know 8-)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Sniffer wrote: I don't suppose it will be as deep a cut as the first one.
Baby, I know 8-)
Yeah but when it comes to getting mucky its worse!
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I was watching something on You tube about the US Marine Corps basic training (1970's) and one clip about the drafted (Hippy) recruits getting their hair cut made me smile. When I was doing my National Service basic training we were marched down to the (army) barber, on about the third day. We were all lined up and the guy in front of me had a luxorious DA. The big style of the time. When it was his turn, he sat in the chair and said, rather nervously, 'not too much off please'. Needless to say, he had the shortest cut of the whole platoon!
I once played against Don Revie.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

New Football website

Post by dlw10 »

Hi folks.
Some of you may be interested to keep an eye on a new website that is being launched this weekend. Primarily it will contain rapid match reports from the latest games but will also feature various thought provoking topics in the game. The site is available to view now although it does not go fully live until Sunday - when it will hopefully carry a report on our game (not by me, I hasten to add!). I was asked to write a piece on Safe Standing for the launch and that article is now available to read on the site.

http://matchwriteup.com/
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

On Friday i will travel with my Mrs to a place in Malaysia called Kota Kinabalu which will be my first vacation for three years out of the Philippines. Its not really a holiday to be honest because for a foreign national living in the Philippines, you're only allowed three years on a tourist visa, (i could have got the residency visa last year but i was too lazy to get it done. So I was informed last week that i had to leave the country for 1 night with my wife and when i arrive back in the Philippines i will get what they call a Balik-Bayan Visa which is only given to those who are married to a filipino. It lasts for a whole year which is great. So we decided to go for four days instead and get a bit of a break from work and the kids.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Kota Kinabalu is an amazing place we stayed at a hotel in the city can't remember it's name that had a buffet with the most incredible display of food I've ever seen. Are you planning a trip to Sepilok ? We went there & also the caves where the locals get the birds nests from, if you there beware of the guano & the roaches. The whole of the Sabah region is beautiful. Just remembered we were taken to see a rafflesia plant, incredible plus we actually saw wild Orangutans. Enjoy ;)

Pretty sure we stayed at Le Meridien hotel
Winner of the Europa League