The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Talking of aircraft a clue in today’s Telegraph crossword gave me a new word for my vocabulary.

The clue was Attack From Aircraft (6) ST- - -E
Strafe?
Yep never heard that before.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our doctors surgery is to reopen at the end of the month. They’ll be doing the flu jab at £20 a pop, amazing that once money is mentioned they open their doors.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Our doctors surgery is to reopen at the end of the month. They’ll be doing the flu jab at £20 a pop, amazing that once money is mentioned they open their doors.
Who are they charging? Persons of our vintage should be free, NW. I've got mine booked for November.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sniffer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Our doctors surgery is to reopen at the end of the month. They’ll be doing the flu jab at £20 a pop, amazing that once money is mentioned they open their doors.
Who are they charging? Persons of our vintage should be free, NW. I've got mine booked for November.
Apparently that’s what the government give them.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Apparently that’s what the government give them.
Had to go for my Warfarin check this morning. Extremely efficient nurse who does it says 'do you want your flu jab while you're here?' Done! (Also did a blood pressure test)

During Covid, the nurses have been brilliant, they seem to run the surgery. Haven't seen a doctor around the place for a long time.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Overdue service, still a common cause of aviation accidents. If anyone is interested the Air Accident Investigation Branch AAIB produce monthly accident reports which are accessable by the public. Aviation safety managers such as myself will sift these reports to see incidents involving the types of aircraft they operate and destinations the regularly route to.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ember-2021
Davy, the incident report states that the overdue service was a DI (capital i). Currently, this refers to an extensive overhaul which includes stripping out the whole interior so that the top, bottom and sides of the plane can be checked for problems. Do you know if this extensive service applied back then? One of the comments on the incident report states that the missed service was not a a factor in the crash. Thanks for the info you provided.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Overdue service, still a common cause of aviation accidents. If anyone is interested the Air Accident Investigation Branch AAIB produce monthly accident reports which are accessable by the public. Aviation safety managers such as myself will sift these reports to see incidents involving the types of aircraft they operate and destinations the regularly route to.

Davy, the incident report states that the overdue service was a DI (capital i). Currently, this refers to an extensive overhaul which includes stripping out the whole interior so that the top, bottom and sides of the plane can be checked for problems. Do you know if this extensive service applied back then? One of the comments on the incident report states that the missed service was not a a factor in the crash. Thanks for the info you provided.
Davy, have just been back and read the relevant section of the report and have answered my own question above. The missed DI was due 3 hours before take-off and the previous DI was 2 days earlier, so it was not a major service.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Our party of friends who we go away with are off to Southampton for along weekend which we had to say no to because we have had a expensive time lately, anyway heard today that my mates have secured 3 tickets for the Leeds game, so we are going down to meet up , my wife will be shopping with the girls and I will be going to the game with my mates, result, will be in the home end but hey ho
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
johnh wrote:

Davy, have just been back and read the relevant section of the report and have answered my own question above. The missed DI was due 3 hours before take-off and the previous DI was 2 days earlier, so it was not a major service.
Thats the thing in aviation John especially nowadays. You can miss even a minor check, tolerances are so tight.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Had an emergency wisdom tooth extraction yesterday. Really need a Leeds win to cheer me up, no drinking for 72 hours, so celebration on hold until Tuesday.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk