The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I feel your pain BB. A couple of weeks ago I went to have cortisone injections in my shoulder, very painful, I almost passed out the pain was that bad. To make matters worse it didn't work & am now looking at a course of psychotherapy as I'm permanent pain & taking strong pain killers.
It is really painful mate, especially when I forget and jolt my arm for some reason. As you say, it brings tears to the eyes at times. I’m hoping the pain eases over time, but looks like I could be in for a long wait :cry:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Mrs WW tripped and fell over defective paving stones on 7th October. Went to A&E as she was in so much pain. She was told after x-ray that nothing was broken and the damage could be muscular. Had the MRI scan at the end of October and the results showed that she had torn a tendon in her shoulder. Had surgery on 22nd December to have it reattached and it will be about 8 weeks from then until she can start using her right arm fully. The consultant said it could take up to 12 months for it to get back to how it was before.
Thanks Al, that’s made me feel much better :?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:No Mate I've knackered my trapezius muscle. Had it for about 3 years now the last time I had the cortisone injection I had relief for about 3 months, sadly not this time.
I may have mentioned this before apologies if I have. About 20 years ago I really screwed up my back ( I've virtually no disc between L5 and L6 vertibrae) First time I went for cortisone the relief was instant and amazing but only lasted for about 4 weeks. Second time it made no difference at all, apparently they need to be spot on at the source of the pain.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:
I may have mentioned this before apologies if I have. About 20 years ago I really screwed up my back ( I've virtually no disc between L5 and L6 vertibrae) First time I went for cortisone the relief was instant and amazing but only lasted for about 4 weeks. Second time it made no difference at all, apparently they need to be spot on at the source of the pain.
Same here as I say first time a couple of months of relief this time diddly squat. The doctor told me back in September I would have some treatment from the physiotherapist but when I had a phone call from the clinic on Tuesday I mentioned this to her & to my amazement she said well it's only been 4 months so no worries there :cry:
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Mrs WW tripped and fell over defective paving stones on 7th October. Went to A&E as she was in so much pain. She was told after x-ray that nothing was broken and the damage could be muscular. Had the MRI scan at the end of October and the results showed that she had torn a tendon in her shoulder. Had surgery on 22nd December to have it reattached and it will be about 8 weeks from then until she can start using her right arm fully. The consultant said it could take up to 12 months for it to get back to how it was before.
No problem Kev, anytime mate. :D
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
No problem Kev, anytime mate. :D
Came on here thinking it would lighten my mood, but wowsers, some tales here.
Best wishes to NW, BB, Mrs WW & Mr Riggersby et al, hope all's well with yar'll soon peeps!! :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Signed up for Virgin Media 12 months ago got a good deal I thought for all the sports etc plus a fast broadband connection for £61 a month. Any just had the first bill for the 2nd year & it's gone up to £117 so I've just finished on the phone first person I spoke to was obviously in India & when I said I wanted to cancel my subscription I was transferred to the UK. Cut a long story I managed to haggle a final bill for the next 12 months of £81:70, a saving over the year of £423:60 they really are bloody rip off merchants :evil:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Signed up for Virgin Media 12 months ago got a good deal I thought for all the sports etc plus a fast broadband connection for £61 a month. Any just had the first bill for the 2nd year & it's gone up to £117 so I've just finished on the phone first person I spoke to was obviously in India & when I said I wanted to cancel my subscription I was transferred to the UK. Cut a long story I managed to haggle a final bill for the next 12 months of £81:70, a saving over the year of £423:60 they really are bloody rip off merchants :evil:
I phone them every year to change my broadband.
I actually have no intention of doing so, but it keeps the price down, like you say.

What happens with all these firms - including mobile providers - is they put you through to the retentions department, whose sole aim is to keep customers. They have better rates than any other outlet, either online or high street, and will bend over backwards to make sure you stay with them.

I think there's a change in the law coming, meaning that you can switch mobile contracts with a text without having to get a PAK number to move from, say, O2 to Vodaphone. Not sure when, but it's one of those EU things that should just about get passed before we leave.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:No Mate I've knackered my trapezius muscle. Had it for about 3 years now the last time I had the cortisone injection I had relief for about 3 months, sadly not this time.
About 20 years ago I got golfers elbow. It got so bad that I once had to walk off the golf course half-way through a round. I went to see the guy at the Reading Sports Injury clinic and he recommended a cortisone injection. I had the injection that day (Thursday morning). I asked when I could play golf again expecting him to say 'in about a week'. He said 'can you play this afternoon' , I said I couldn't but could play the next day. He said that would be fine. I have never had a problem since.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Huge fire at Nottingham railway station this morning, everything's in turmoil as they've stopped the tram going anywhere near. Just had a multi million pound refit as well. 10+ firefighters engines in attendance luckily so far no injuries.