The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just popped to our local bakers Birds they do lovely little cobs

We love Birds cobs and whenever we visited the daughter she’s asks we take half a dozen packs costing £12:60 but funnily we never get the money offered to pay us back.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just popped to our local bakers Birds they do lovely little cobs & pork pies. So I’m stood there & women who were having coffee decided they wanted bacon/sausage sandwiches. They barge past me to place their order & as they get to the counter I say excuse me. Oh are you in a queue they pipe up my reply well if one person constitutes a queue then I am that. So they turn round & stand behind me giving me a few stares I’m sure. Bloody rude folk I can’t abide ‘em.
Same here.

Went to the post office yesterday to send something out. Had a mask on BTW :angel: . A customer at the counter was just finishing her transaction so I held the door open for her. She walked towards the door but then the PO assistant called her back as she'd forgotten something. I'm still holding the door open. She went to collect her forgotten item and took about half a minute doing it. I'm still holding the door open. She finally walks to the door and walks through the doorway without any word to me. :roll:

I hope all her parcels in life are underpaid and overweight :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Don’t even get me talking about holding doors open for ladies I’d say 80% push past you without a by or leave as if you are some paid lacky. Seriously manners cost nothing but sadly society doesn’t care any more. I will continue to hold doors open because occasionally a lady will smile & say it’s nice to see there’s still some gentlemen.around :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Don’t even get me talking about holding doors open for ladies I’d say 80% push past you without a by or leave as if you are some paid lacky. Seriously manners cost nothing but sadly society doesn’t care any more. I will continue to hold doors open because occasionally a lady will smile & say it’s nice to see there’s still some gentlemen.around :D
Spot on, me too. The thank-you always makes it worthwhile.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Well I’m now 3 visits in to seeing a physiotherapist , Oscar so now I’ve set myself a strict regime four times a day of gentle exercise of stretching & pulling. Obviously it’s too soon to feel if there’s any difference yet. So 06:30 - 10:30 - 14:30 & 18:30 I can be found hopefully finally getting some pain relief. It’s hardly Mr Motivator stuff but I’m actually enjoying it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bored of all this jubilee rubbish already, it’s only Day 1 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Congratulations to James Milner on receiving an MBE. I was at his Leeds debut against West Ham 20 years ago tempus fugit.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Congratulations to James Milner on receiving an MBE. I was at his Leeds debut against West Ham 20 years ago tempus fugit.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A year ago today this gentleman arrived in the post, now sits on a bookcase in the lounge.

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Early diner today then of to the Omniplex Maxx screen to see Top Gun Maverick. This will be my once every 5 year trip to the cinema :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders